The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 420A Valve Cover Hardware

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoItsnotGreen

Probationary Member
Apr 6, 2023
Baltimore, Maryland
I’m looking for replacement valve cover bolts, grommets and washers.

Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can the proper replacements before I put my valve cover back.

First Dsm Build

It's not worth using OEM bolts. They bottom out too early with aftermarket grommets because of how they're stepped. Just swap to full thread bolts. Here's the dimensions of what you need. M6-1.0x35
Just make sure you use a torque wrench. The aluminum head strips easily. Grommets can be acquired on RockAuto and probably from your local auto parts stores. They're the same part for most of the Mopar 4 cylinders from that era and FelPro still produces them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not worth using OEM bolts. They bottom out too early with aftermarket grommets because of how they're stepped. Just swap to full thread bolts. Here's the dimensions of what you need. M8-1.0x35
Just make sure you use a torque wrench. The aluminum head strips easily. Grommets can be acquired on RockAuto and probably from your local auto parts stores. They're the same part for most of the Mopar 4 cylinders from that era and FelPro still produces them.
I’m having a little trouble finding that size bolt anywhere

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back