The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

420a turbo injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRslimmyjim

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2010
warwick, New_York
Hey,
I just built my 420a with 8.1 compression. crower rods, wiseco pistons, crower springs and retainers, ferrea valves. i am running 7psi with a 38mm wastegate. I am super broke and i feel like i am running really lean. i was wondering what sixe is the biggest injector sixe i can run with my 12:1 fmu and a stock ecu. i know i can run stock ones but am just uncomfortable with them. any help would be awesome. thanks

why? Its been proven time and time again. just get some stock 450's and sell that fmu and get link and you will have a good solid "reliable" setup

Link is not going to be the best option for his setup. If anything Megasquirt would be a better option.

The stock injectors should be fine for you. You shouldnt "feel" as though your running lean, you have a wideband to tell you exactly your A/F mixture is. So unless your wideband is telling you that you are, please feel free to trust your gauge. Are you using any fuel additives?

He cant even run Link on the 420a ECU. Depending on your goals for the car you should either go with portfueler or Megasquirt. You need to get some larger injectors and a 1:1 AFPR. Portfueler will allow you to keep your stock injectors to run out of boost, but when you start to build boost the secondary set cuts on as well supplying more fuel. Megasquirt is the best option but is not for everyone. Its a lot of work and tuning can be a pain to those who have never done any before.

I know all about the megasquirt and portfueler and i will probably be going with the portfueler once i get some money but my wideband gauge is telling me i am running lean. i just need alittle more fuel to get by till i get money for the portfueler. this is my daily driver. I just want to know how big of an injector a stock 420a ecu can handle with a 12:1 fmu.

You cant just swap in larger injectors. I suggest you stay out of boost until you get issue resolved. If you install larger injectors you will have to lower base fuel pressure or pull out fuel via some type of fuel controller

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back