The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

420a trans Finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILLegit420aT

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2008
Cowtown, Pennsylvania
So after work yesterday I got my trans. back, and started putting it back in...it took me about 3 hours, but shes in there and it feels great. I fixed a vast number of things throughout this project, so im very happy with the turnout. I took it out for a spin last night at about 3am and tires were breakin loose from a punch in 3rd...:D I cant stop smiling:D But i did get the neon 3.55 gearing and all that...is GLS trans fluid of any brand ok or is there a recommended application?:dsm:4lyfe

Dealer fluid only... the NV-T350 has finicky paper linings on the synchros.

In your opinion is it worth doing the swap for the amount of money and time it cost you. Like I want to get a nv-t350 put a quaife in there and stage 2 axles and do the whole thing at once but I don't know if it's overkill and the stock stuff will hold up.

i've seen alot of posts claiming that people lay down 4 and 5 hundred wheel and get away with it...i think for where im at power wise im in good shape, with the diff pin welded that should eliminate the pin walking out and the diff failing. I can promise you that you will not be dissapointed with lsd...anything with lsd feels great, but its all in your wallet. And it really only took me a total of about 4 and a half hours out and back in, so its not that bad. velocita thanks for that info

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back