The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 420a throttle body

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ion12

Probationary Member
Apr 21, 2023
Paramount, California
Hey guys making my 420a faster. I was wonder if there are any performance throttle body I can buy or do I have to port the stock throttle body. Any help is appreciated.

The inlet of the stock throttle body is 52mm but narrows down to 48mm before the throttle plate. You can have the stock throttle body bored out to 55mm all the way through and get a properly sized butterfly plate. That would flow plenty of air if you're not running a seriously built engine.

If you want something bigger, 60mm throttle bodies are available. Blox Racing produced a billet one years ago but no longer produces them. May be able to find new old stock somewhere or get a used one. But the most popular 60mm upgrade is the OEM throttle body from fuel injected Jeep 4L's. You just have to drill out the bolt holes larger and use the Jeep IAC tip to restrict airflow at idle. Some models had a different throttle cable linkage but you can swap over the 420a shaft. I recommend porting the intake plenum to match a larger throttle body for best airflow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back