The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A 420a stand alone options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420aVOS

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2004
poughkeepsie, New_York
HI, i have a 99 eclipse 420a n/t with turbo and safc just isnt cutting it anymore i was wondering what my stand alone options are. if anyone has any info it would be very helpful thank you

Alot of 420a guys are going w/ the Megasquirt system. You should be able to find plenty of info on it.

You money would be best spent with a system that someone in your area knows how to tune well. If you do not know anyone in the area that does that stuff, then you might just want to do a 4G63 swap as you would have A LOT more potential with that setup. :thumb:

get any standalone you want as long as someone around you can wire it correctly. id start looking into who can tune/install whatever before you start looking for specific systems.

i hear the haltech system is real good, i am already in the 300 hp range but i am losing alot with the lack of tuneablity, so if you have heardanything about this system let me know. thanks

Mackzero said:
You money would be best spent with a system that someone in your area knows how to tune well. If you do not know anyone in the area that does that stuff, then you might just want to do a 4G63 swap as you would have A LOT more potential with that setup. :thumb:

hah,i sometimes wished i turboed a 420a instead of the 4g63..

im looking into a megasquirt..

altho those standalones with the plug and play harnesses(or boards ala Autronic dsm) are sweet..they woudnt work with my goofy eurospec car..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back