The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

420a: Power Steering no A/C belt size??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slippi84

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2005
Cinnaminson, New_Jersey
I could grab a bunch of belts around the size I think I need but I thought I would check with you guys first. What size belt are you guys with NO A/C using for the Power steering ?

edit: Wait on that, I'm seeing conflicting information.

I have a 2g w/no A/C and I bought the belt from autozone part number 400k5 its a 40 inch belt I believe.

I just installed it took 20 minutes. With the PS pump bolts loose, you have to push it all the way back and Shazam!! done.

Just last night on my way home the ac/ps belt fell off.. (wasn't looped to AC) . Now I'm driving directly to autozone after work to get a new belt. :thumb:

Great info, thanks!

Yeah my car came with ac and I deleted it and the pulley that's why I didn't knwo what size to go with. I will try that 400k5 today.

Good timing, I'm planning on removing everything related to AC next weekend. I never use it, it makes weird sounds if I do turn it on, and it's in the way of all the other crap I need to fit in my engine bay LOL.

How about a belt for just the PS but if you also have a UDP?

If you want to bypass the AC during the winter, consider placing a switch on the AC clutch circuit. Given the clutch is not seized up, this will allow you to keep the belt and toggle the AC.

Keep in mind that in cold regions during the winter, the AC greatly improves the defroster's ability to de-fog the glass.

Hello all. I also have the A/c delete belt but I have an issue. Anyone else's Belt jumps off? Mine travels off the pulley anytime I am hard on the car (high RPMs) I have destroyed 2 coolant overflows because of this

Hello all. I also have the A/c delete belt but I have an issue. Anyone else's Belt jumps off? Mine travels off the pulley anytime I am hard on the car (high RPMs) I have destroyed 2 coolant overflows because of this
Sounds like the belt tension is wrong. Either you're not setting it correctly or it's the wrong length belt.

Another cause could be a damaged crank pulley, but you would notice other issues like heavy vibration and could see it visually with the engine running.

I will check to see if the crank pulley is off balance. at this point I have belt creep but it stayed on the pulley and it just jumped two ribs. I going to reset it and add some more tension and see if it will stay. I am going as tight as possible on the tension but maybe that's not tight enough. Thanks for your reply.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back