The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A 420a performance parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac420a

Probationary Member
Feb 25, 2012
yadkinville, North_Carolina
hey guys, i have a 1999 eclipse rs. It was my first car and i wana make it more powerfull. i have serched every were for parts. can some one help me out with web sites to go to. and i want all motor no turbo, all tho i might super charge it if i can find one. i would like to find some standerd pistions but i want 10.5.1 compression. ###z need some help here

I'll be feeling like a dumbass then I try to repost off of that post maybe somebody would see it respond to it then I started feeling like even more dumbass

i feel like a dumbass all the time. Its the internet so you shouldn't care what people you don't know and will probably never meet, think of you.
But obviously talking shit about a site or its members isn't gonna get you a good response.

Why don't you just start a new thread with your questions or problems. you can just click the link below.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/forum/420a-bolt-on-tech.14/create-thread

Even if its not a bolt-on tech issue, its the 420a section so its close enough. At the moment there are people that know the 420a, that are on here every day. So you will for sure get helpful responses.

i feel like a dumbass all the time. Its the internet so you shouldn't care what people you don't know and will probably never meet, think of you.
But obviously talking shit about a site or its members isn't gonna get you a good response.

Why don't you just start a new thread with your questions or problems. you can just click the link below.

Even if its not a bolt-on tech issue, its the 420a section so its close enough. At the moment there are people that know the 420a, that are on here every day. So you will for sure get helpful responses.
I wasn't thinking of it like that,more of someone telling me I'm a dumb

Funny he thinks this forum is outdated. Apparently he hasn't checked out any of the other forums because they've been dry for years.

@Madmackin942 I've replied to a few of your posts with useful information and replied to all of the pm's you've sent me. Never got any likes or replies from you. So the ass sucking is mutual between you and everyone else I guess. Lol

Essentially... But they have reverse flow heads and the trans setup is a little different.
Funny he thinks this forum is outdated. Apparently he hasn't checked out any of the other forums because they've been dry for years.

@Madmackin942 I've replied to a few of your posts with useful information and replied to all of the pm's you've sent me. Never got any likes or replies from you. So the ass sucking is mutual between you and everyone else I guess. Lol

Essentially... But they have reverse flow heads and the trans setup is a little different.
Yes I spoke to you several times over the years about several things,I still haven't figured the site out,but i did the crank,shaved .25,88.5 mm bore manley h beam,wiseco 88.5 10-5-1 comp ,head complete bc stg 2 ,cut valves,cometic gaskets,gates blue racing belt,racing convertor,air mass long tube headers powdered coated and gonna heat wrap once back together, fidanza adjustable cam gears plus all other mods$1300 in machine work
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_063122042.jpg
    IMG_20210316_063122042.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 29
......,air mass long tube headers powdered coated and gonna heat wrap once back together
do you mean ceramic coated? powder coating will not hold up on headers, they get too hot.

if they are ceramic coated, heat wrap is pointless. Besides that, heat wrap isn't a good idea if you want your header to last. Header wrap causes metal fatigue and accelerates corrosion. Which is why no header manufacturer will warranty headers that have been wrapped.

do you mean ceramic coated? powder coating will not hold up on headers, they get too hot.

if they are ceramic coated, heat wrap is pointless. Besides that, heat wrap isn't a good idea if you want your header to last. Header wrap causes metal fatigue and accelerates corrosion. Which is why no header manufacturer will warranty headers that have been wrapped.
Don't know why I said powder high temperature ceramic coating supposed to be for headers, but didn't know about the header wrap, thanks for heads up

i would assume it was because your header got coated at a powder coater since alot of powder coating places also do the ceramic coating.

heat wrap isn't a good idea if you want your header to last. Header wrap causes metal fatigue and accelerates corrosion. Which is why no header manufacturer will warranty headers that have been wrapped.
That's not really something he has to worry about in Mississippi. I also don't have to worry about it here in Alabama.

I wrapped my headers in 2019 and they have zero corrosion today.

And heat wrap isn't completely pointless for him. If he has a cold air intake (which I'm sure he does) it will prevent all the hot air from the headers from getting sucked into the intake.

lined up spun motor twice, where is at now, is it correct?
Yes that is proper timing. It may look a little off, but mine did too. I think it's aftermarket cams gears.

Black98DSM, are you sure? it looks slightly off to me. Shouldn't the small line on one cam gear line up with the longer line on the other cam gear?

The crank is for sure a little off, the arrow on the oil pump should be pointing to where i marked it in the picture.

Black98DSM, are you sure? it looks slightly off to me. Shouldn't the small line on one cam gear line up with the longer line on the other cam gear?

The crank is for sure a little off, the arrow on the oil pump should be pointing to where i marked it in the picture.
You are right about everything looking off. But it is less than a tooth off. So it can't be fixed. Maybe he can turn it a tooth in either direction and see if it looks any closer.

Mine never looked like it lined up perfectly. And I have the same cam gears that he has so I blame those.

EDIT: Actually, if he rotates the engine clockwise, it may be a full tooth off. That timing may need to be reset.

@Madmackin942 turn it slightly clockwise so the cam gear marks line up and see if the crank sprocket is a full tooth off.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back