The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 420a performance parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac420a

Probationary Member
Feb 25, 2012
yadkinville, North_Carolina
hey guys, i have a 1999 eclipse rs. It was my first car and i wana make it more powerfull. i have serched every were for parts. can some one help me out with web sites to go to. and i want all motor no turbo, all tho i might super charge it if i can find one. i would like to find some standerd pistions but i want 10.5.1 compression. ###z need some help here

cimotorsports, dsmgraveyard, check there thats where i buy all my stuff from, and i love having a 420a turbo's. its been a fun experience building it, with some hate on it and love.i thought about selling it but its a fun car

Build the motor up. NA motors are so much more badass and impressive. Especially on a 4 banger. My advice, build it from the ground up. Don't know too much about 420a's but you can make power from anything if it's done right. I would honestly build it up and slap on a 75 or 100 shot for when you need it. I love nitrous.

Hell I would love to turbo my 420a, but at 270k + its just a waste of money even with a rebuild. Im pretty sure there's a video of a 2g N/T with crower stage 2 cams, that would bump you up a horse or 2. But please don't do what another member seems to think he can do , 292s on a stock 420a.

Last edited:
Build the motor up. NA motors are so much more badass and impressive. Especially on a 4 banger. My advice, build it from the ground up. Don't know too much about 420a's but you can make power from anything if it's done right. I would honestly build it up and slap on a 75 or 100 shot for when you need it. I love nitrous.

You start the post saying that naturally aspirated motors are so much more impressive and end it with recommending another method of increasing the amount of oxygen that is available for combustion via chemical induction. Horsepower is horsepower and I am a fan of it either way. I spray my bike, boost my car, and go NA with my truck. I like it all. :)

no shame in a cbr600rr maverick. i owned and loved my 03 for a couple years. wonderful bike, a bit clunky in the gearbox but for its time it handled great. i would personally track day a 600 over my 10r anyday. the 10 is too much power and the 600s are so light and flickable now. you see bmw and kawi's new traction control tho? unreal tech. you can literally pin the throttle on the '11 zx10r while leaned and it wont spin. technology: from noob to rossi in a flick of a button(ok, not quite LOL)

Yeah I saw. I honestly hate the idea of some noob at the strip running deep 9s on a stock bike. I've got a "quickest bike on the site" thread here somewhere if you want to pull in some fellow riders. Probably shouldn't derail any further.

hey guys, i have a 1999 eclipse rs. It was my first car and i wana make it more powerfull. i have serched every were for parts. can some one help me out with web sites to go to. and i want all motor no turbo, all tho i might super charge it if i can find one. i would like to find some standerd pistions but i want 10.5.1 compression. ###z need some help here

This got to be the worst site I've ever been on, everything out dated done asked community several times over years for help, love the dsm but they people here sucks ass when asking for help, why promises to help if ya don't,

This got to be the worst site I've ever been on, everything out dated done asked community several times over years for help, love the dsm but they people here sucks ass when asking for help, why promises to help if ya don't,

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Your entitled to your own opinion but its the complete opposite. This is the best forum with the best people there is.
Start a new post with any questions you have and they will get answered.

Funny he thinks this forum is outdated. Apparently he hasn't checked out any of the other forums because they've been dry for years.

@Madmackin942 I've replied to a few of your posts with useful information and replied to all of the pm's you've sent me. Never got any likes or replies from you. So the ass sucking is mutual between you and everyone else I guess. Lol

maybe a dodge neon forum since they run 420a's as well
Essentially... But they have reverse flow heads and the trans setup is a little different.

thanks guys, i have done orderd a few things from ci motorsports, but keep the sites commin. by the way thanks for the support, eveybody else thinks im stuiped for trying.
Well you aren't building it for everyone, its for you. They can't see the potential in the car you see. But if it's support you need this is the right place, we love DSM's here and are fully aware of how much fun and rewarding these cars can be with a good work ethic, patients, and an opened mind to learn.

I want to drop these links on this thread. They are useful for modding a 420a and hopefully someone can use them if they stumble across this thread. With yours built how it is do you have any dyno results?

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-n-t-horsepower-upgrades.480197/

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/t...t-every-ounce-of-power-from-your-420a.525582/
I'd love to get my hands on another 420a 5spd. My goal with my old burgundy rs was 200hp naturally aspirated. Never got there I was somewhere around 170 or so.

I don't know what to tell you, we are all here because we want to be. What i do know is that insulting every member of this forum in one sentence did you no favors.

See that's what's crazy I've been here for years I've had one person out whole community say anything,but soon as I say people sucks ass when helping and I know not everyone on site reads everything that's goes out but higher ranked members that do read but don't respond which was why site was formed to help others with there dsm,jdm problems true?so why I get respond to people sucks ass but not can I get help figuring the site out

I don't know what to tell you, we are all here because we want to be. What i do know is that insulting every member of this forum in one sentence did you no favors.
What do you mean?
It's like every time I open a post or a thread and I respond to it it's something old and just like the comment that was posted that what I responded to was 9 years old and participants ain't active no more

It's like every time I open a post or a thread and I respond to it it's something old and just like the comment that was posted that what I responded to was 9 years old and participants ain't active no more
I'll be feeling like a dumbass then I try to repost off of that post maybe somebody would see it respond to it then I started feeling like even more dumbass

I'll be feeling like a dumbass then I try to repost off of that post maybe somebody would see it respond to it then I started feeling like even more dumbass

Just start a new thread with list of what you have done and what your goals are. Have you checked the threads posted in post #39?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back