The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 420A (non turbo) rebuild kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mamadas13

Probationary Member
Mar 31, 2023
San Jose, California
Hey what’s up guys! I was wondering if anyone does have any recommendations sites where to search for a rebuild kit for my 420A since it’s got bad piston rings and blows a bit of blue smoke and at that point I’m planning on going more into depth with my engine. I Basically just want to keep this 2g stock just to commute and then get another one later to mod up !
Any suggestions? And thank you!

The stealership wants ridiculous prices on everything they still stock (lots is discontinued), I wouldn’t waste my time with them.

I'm in the process of rebuilding mine now. I'm using an Engine Tech gasket kit and pieced together the rest.

Since I just ran into this I figured I share, make sure you get the right main bearings, they are different for early vs late (96-99) 420As! The Engine Tech website was helpful in figuring out part numbers, they have a equivalent part numbers listed across multiple brands for reference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back