The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420a motor sounds like it needs gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995 AWD

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2010
Joplin, Missouri
I have a 1995 eagle esi that first started with a clutch issue. The clutch was starting to fall straight through the floor on a cold winter night. :( So 2 days later when I had time I went and started it up, ran for a minute then died. I figured it was just a drained battery since I'm always having battery issues with terminal connections. So I slapped her in reverse and started it up til she shut off again. I started it up again and again and again you get the picture. Goal was to get it closer to the drive way so we can push the talon in the garage through the snow.
Bled the clutch and tested the battery at O'Reillys to find out I needed a new one. All excited I ran home through the new battery on and turned the key to just hear it wanting to turn over to me it sounded like she wasn't getting fuel. To me sounded like a fuel pump. Stripped rusty ass fuel line bolts suck by the way. I don't care if you have $20 line wrenches and spray bottles of pb buster. Sometimes these lines just need to be cut and rigged. So thats what I did and I did it right. Made another trip back to O'reillys and picked up all my fixings got home got her all together, threw the battery on and STILL DIDN'T START.
Checked to make sure I'm getting spark, thought maybe the fuel pump but you can hear it click when the keys in also checked the brand new fuel filter and theres gas in it. So I'm to the point where it sounds like it wants to start if you maybe just gave it a good kick. Trust me I'm to the point where I wanna kick the hell out of it. Ha. Any ideas? No check engine light so OBD2 is no help.. Come to think of it I did see it blink but then it turned off. I think it flashed about 3 or 4 times then shut off. I have no patience for this motor seeing as my 6 bolt block is sitting on a engine stand near my work bench and the awd is in the driveway. I just want to fix this esi and get back to the 4g motor. Any ideas? Anyone else run into this issue. Any advice ANY would be great. I appreciate you guys and this forum. Thank you
p.s the car has gas in it ;)

did you get it figured out? mabey try cleaning the injectors just pull them and clean them with a toothpick

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back