The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420a lower end options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misterbeechy

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2010
Bronx, New_York
afternoon DSMers,

i know i can find forged pistons and rods for about 7 to 900 shipped..
ex. JE, Wiseco, Eagle.

I would like to know, what are other options in building the bottom end for good boost.. (more than 8lbs)

ex. is it possible to use SRT4 pistons with rods that will be compatible with little modification?

has anybody heard or have seen mods like this done??

and do you think it will be cost effecient?

like most peoples problems: Primary source of income cannot support our DSM habits -_-

Thanx

Be safe 1

bump.... no ideas?

the SRT-4 internals are different then the 420a's internals, different bores and strokes. Meany people have done a swap in the 1g Neon's, they will use a stratus block with SRT-4 internals and fab brackets for PS, A/C, ect... I haven't seen this setup in a 2g N/T DSM but I imagine it would be possible, you would need to use your Head on the stratus 2.4 block. people go with the OEM SRT-4 internals because they are cheap, even cheaper then the Stratus 2.4 OEM's and you can boost 20psi easy with them.

It's all depends what you are looking for, for performance. 300-400HP i would go with .020 bore on your block with some 9 to 1 forged pistons, and rods with a t3/t4 turbo plus all other supporting mods.

PS: the reason most people use the Stratus block and not the SRT-4 block is because of the crank shaft position sensor, and the way the water and oil jacket's line up betwine the SRT-4 Block and Head. you would have to run MegaSqurit setup with the SRT-4 block, and would be able to put your Head on the SRT-4 block were as with the Stratus block you can use your factory ECU, your head, and sensors.

hope this helps a little:)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back