The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A 420a lifters and Rocker arms upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyv344

Proven Member
Aug 12, 2021
South_Carolina
Does anybody know where i can get the upgraded mopar lifters and rocker arms a 420a, because everywhere i'm looking its either out of stock or discontinued.

I'm not sure which ones you're referring to. But the common upgrade is 2.4 lifters and 2.7 rocker arms. Because the 2.4 lifters have larger holes for better lubrication and the 2.7 rocker arms grip the valve stems better. I bought all of mine from RockAuto, all are OEM Mopar parts.

I'm not sure which ones you're referring to. But the common upgrade is 2.4 lifters and 2.7 rocker arms. Because the 2.4 lifters have larger holes for better lubrication and the 2.7 rocker arms grip the valve stems better. I bought all of mine from RockAuto, all are OEM Mopar parts.
Yeah, those are the ones i'm looking for

Looks like Mopar has discontinued the 2.7 rocker arms unfortunately. Seems like every week I find something else we use that has been discontinued and it hurts. BUT, you can still use the 2.4 rocker arms as an upgrade compared to the 420a rocker arms.

2.4 lifter Mopar part #: 4777976AA
2.4 rocker arm Mopar part #: 4884042AA

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yeah, those are the ones i'm looking for
Looks like Mopar has discontinued the 2.7 rocker arms unfortunately. Seems like every week I find something else we use that has been discontinued and it hurts. BUT, you can still use the 2.4 rocker arms as an upgrade compared to the 420a rocker arms.

2.4 lifter Mopar part #: 4777976AA
2.4 rocker arm Mopar part #: 4884042AA

which cars used the 2.7 rocker arms

I snagged a set of rockers from the junkyard. Sebrings were the easiest to find at the time but that was a few years ago. Below are the vechicles that you can find 2.7's in with those rocker arms.
CHRYSLER3002005-2010
CHRYSLERCONCORDE1998-2004
CHRYSLERSEBRING2001-2010
DODGEAVENGER2008-2010
DODGECHARGER2006-2010
DODGEINTREPID1998-2004
DODGEMAGNUM2005-2008
DODGESTRATUS2001-2006

The 2.4 rockers as @BLACK'98DSM mentioned are a good upgrade over the 420a factory rockers. The difference between the 2.4 and 2.7 rockers is just that the oil squirt hole is at a better angle to hit the cam lobe. Physically they are not any stronger than the 2.4 rockers. I wouldn't spend much time or money trying to find the 2.7's over the 2.4's. It's not like people have issues with the lobes wearing out on 420a cams except for people who try running cheap Chinese aftermarket ones.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back