The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 420a idling funky after timing belt install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddyTheBug

Proven Member
Jun 18, 2015
Arlington, Texas
Thought the odd noice was becaust i didnt put the rest of the exhaust on, but it started to idle roughly and shake pretty good so i figure my timing was a tad off. had to also keep rpm up to keep it from vibrating badly.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Car should run exactly the same as before the belt was changed. Either the install is wrong or something else was messed with during the install. My bet is belt is on wrong given the symptoms. Check the marks.

Also this was after I had to install a new head gasket,_ so alot got messed with. Didnt know my video was on private , plz re-try my link to see and hear the motor doing its thing.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back