The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420a heating up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morales92

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Anaheim, California
alright I have a new motor but recently on hot days and I drive for a while it heats up. Only happens on hot days and not everytime. The water reservoir is full. And today I opened the hood while it was running and it cooled down. I don't think the radiator is getting enough air cause of the Front mount intercooler. But not sure what's the problem. I only have one fan on, putting the Ac fan tomorrow a slim fan.

If you are using the wrong size slim fan for your radiator AND you are not running the radiator from the AUTOmatic eclipse, it is possible even with all new coolant system components to still overheat. Not all slim fans are equal, they push/pull different amounts of air given blade design and size.

If memory serves me, I needed a 16'' slim fan on the 5spd radiator, and with the auto radiator I was able to get buy with a 12''

last note, check the section you post in, I believe this goes somewhere else. Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back