The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 2gNT FPR and filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmosiman

Proven Member
Sep 2, 2021
Elkhart, Indiana
Okay, so as with most aftermarket things, I'm a bit of an amateur. I have a few rough spots in my hp fuel line, and I'd rather just replace it all with an -8AN hose. But my fpr and filter are right next to the tank.
And it's all basically one piece. With the return coming of the fpr.
I just wanna know what other people have done or what people suggest for upgrading my fpr.
I don't necessarily want to keep it under the car but I also don't want to run a whole new return line if I put it in the engine bay.
I want to spend less than $400 too so I'm kinda at a loss on where to even start with it.
There seems like there are tons of options and I don't know what is and isn't feasible.
I'm running a TD05 20g cx racing turbo,
775cc injectors, deutchwerks 300 fuel pump. And I don't wanna put anything too restrictive on but I don't need overkill either
If any one has pointers that'd be great

an 8an is overkill.
are you on a stock fuel rail?

an 8an is overkill.
are you on a stock fuel rail?
It is a stock fuel rail but I've been reading that I don't really need to upgrade it apart from esthetics. Maybe I've read wrong, but I didn't think it would restrict the amount of fuel I'm trying to run
And i knew that 8an is big but I have some spare -8an and I would like to be able to upgrade later. Do you think -8 is "too" big?

if you have a stock fuel rail your gonna have to use the port on the end which is 4AN. Unless your planning to put down over 650hp you don't need an 8AN and if you do run an 8 your gonna need to upgrade the rail so you don't have the 4AN port restricting your flow.

This is for running pump gas. E-85 i would imagine you would want to run larger lines cause you would need something like 2x the fuel.

the stock line should be good for 350-450hp (depending on who you ask). ive seen honda with the same size line as a stock 420a line, that put down 500hp

the easiest way would be
- unscrew the stock regulator and plug the hole
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

- remove the schrader valve from the port on the fuel rail

- there are multiple ways you could go from the rail to the inlet on the FPR. Easiest would be:
-- run a 4AN line from the port to a 4AN to 6AN adapter on the FPR inlet

or
-- run a 4AN to 6AN adapter on the port on the fuel rail, then run a 6AN line to the FPR

- get a 4ft or 5ft hard line (i don't remember which one so measure first) from the parts store, run it next to the stock fuel line. I usually use stainless steel zip ties to secure it.

- you will need (2) Inverted Flare Unions and (2) inverted flare to hose barb fittings to match the hard line.

- put a 6AN hose end on a regular piece of fuel line (its not high pressure so any fuel hose will work). Run it from the FPR outlet to the hose barb on the hard line.

- run a hose from the hose barb on the other end to the return on the tank

Last edited:
if you have a stock fuel rail your gonna have to use the port on the end which is 4AN. Unless your planning to put down over 650hp you don't need an 8AN and if you do run an 8 your gonna need to upgrade the rail so you don't have the 4AN port restricting your flow.

This is for running pump gas. E-85 i would imagine you would want to run larger lines cause you would need something like 2x the fuel.

the stock line should be good for 350-450hp (depending on who you ask). ive seen honda with the same size line as a stock 420a line, that put down 500hp

the easiest way would be
- unscrew the stock regulator and plug the hole

- remove the schrader valve from the port on the fuel rail

- there are multiple ways you could go from the rail to the inlet on the FPR. Easiest would be:
-- run a 4AN line from the port to a 4AN to 6AN adapter on the FPR inlet

or
-- run a 4AN to 6AN adapter on the port on the fuel rail, then run a 6AN line to the FPR

- get a 4ft or 5ft hard line (i don't remember which one so measure first) from the parts store, run it next to the stock fuel line. I usually use stainless steel zip ties to secure it.

- you will need (2) Inverted Flare Unions and (2) inverted flare to hose barb fittings to match the hard line.

- put a 6AN hose end on a regular piece of fuel line (its not high pressure so any fuel hose will work). Run it from the FPR outlet to the hose barb on the hard line.

- run a hose from the hose barb on the other end to the return on the tank
I appreciate the help man but I found it easier to just run a 6an up to the rail. I found all the adapters I need aside from the 6an to inverter flare male on STM
And I found the one I needed at my car quest so I'm good to go now. But thanks

what did you end up doing with the filter? run an aftermarket one inline and use the stock feed as the return?

I may PM you guys later about something similar, or I could ask my questions on this thread. No need for a new thread. As of right now I'm just looking to upgrade the line in the engine bay. Maybe later I'll do a full braided AN setup with a fuel cell.

what did you end up doing with the filter? run an aftermarket one inline and use the stock feed as the return?
Well bc my eclipse is a 98, the return line and fpr are attached to the fuel filter under the tank. So I didn't run a return line up front. I got a 6an from the pump to where the filter us to be, put in an comp Inline filter, then an aeromotive fpr with a return back to the tank and then an 6an up to my fuel rail

how did you do the vacuum line to the regulator?

I may PM you guys later about something similar, or I could ask my questions on this thread. No need for a new thread. As of right now I'm just looking to upgrade the line in the engine bay. Maybe later I'll do a full braided AN setup with a fuel cell.

if you just want to upgrade the line from the firewall to the rail, you need to be able to attach it.
sooooooo...... are you on a stock rail?
If you are,
get a 6an male to inverted flare female (what ever size fits the hardline fitting.
im not sure what size the fitting on the stock line is.

https://www.tanksinc.com

if your on a stock fuel rail, it will need a fitting welded on.
get a steel weld on 6an male like

so if you look at the gay ass shit below, you'd cut it an the part with the red line. weld the tube
closed at the cut. and weld on the
on the end of the main tube. Or get an aftermarket rail (if you don't have one.)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back