The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

420a ecu not sure what year

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsekid1013

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2010
hudson, New_York
Alright guys I have a 99 eclipse gs with a motor from a 96 in it. I believe my misfire issue is an ecu issue. I posted about the misfire and someone brought up the idea that the ecu may be bad. Before I swapped the motor a cel came on but I thought it was because something in the bad motor. So we went ahead and swapped It havin to change all the sensors and so on over from the pulled 99.after looking into the ecu idea I determined the ecu on the car was from a junkyard. Now my question is when I start to look for another ecu do I need a 99 ecu or 96? Thanks for the help

Alright guys I have a 99 eclipse gs with a motor from a 96 in it. I believe my misfire issue is an ecu issue. I posted about the misfire and someone brought up the idea that the ecu may be bad. Before I swapped the motor a cel came on but I thought it was because something in the bad motor. So we went ahead and swapped It havin to change all the sensors and so on over from the pulled 99.after looking into the ecu idea I determined the ecu on the car was from a junkyard. Now my question is when I start to look for another ecu do I need a 99 ecu or 96? Thanks for the help

The ecu that you use has to be the same year as the wiring harness that you are using.The year motor doesn't matter,you have to match the computer with the harness:thumb:I have a 96 eclipse with a 99 motor.When I put in the 99 motor ,it had all the 99 sensors on it.So I had to change the 99 sensors to the 96 sensors to match up the plug ends on the harness

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back