The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420a Eclipse RS running away

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfalcis

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2013
Chico, California
Just reassembled a 420a in Eclipse RS, and the engine runs away, any ideas? All the vacuum lines are plugged in correctly. I have to turn off the car before it blows the engine, went up to like 3500 RPM in like 10 seconds.

Thanks in advance.

My car was getting stuck in wot.. I followed my accelerator cable to this metal bracket that was bolted to the tb... Thecable went thru the bracket and to the tb... Inside of this round cable holding bracket is a little plastic guide that had come out and was being wedged between throttle and bracket causing it to get stuck in wot... Pushed the plastic cable guide back in and bent the bracket just a little to keep it in...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back