The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A 97 2gNT dies and won’t start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristianDSM

Probationary Member
Jun 11, 2021
Victoria, BC_Canada
Hey guys! So I’ve got a ‘97 Eclipse 420a and I’ve been driving it for about a month before it randomly started to die, all power to the engine just cuts off and then it takes me about 30-40 minutes before the car will start back up, it cranks but won’t fire up, once it does start again I can drive a less distance than before it died until it dies again, it’s an awful cycle and I can’t figure out the issue, I’ve replaced the fuel pump, ECU, checked wires and grounds, replaced some burnt wires off of the battery and still nothing has helped at all, I checked spark plugs and they look good. This is my first DSM and I just can’t figure this thing out, please help!

After the car dies, I would check the fuel pressure and look for spark to help start narrowing down potential causes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back