The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

420a cp vs 4g6x cp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobet

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2010
Saint john, NB_Canada
Is the 420a crank pulley a one bolt pulley? I went to a junk yard looking at eclipse's but I think they are all 420a. My crank pulley got lost in the mail

Yes its one bolt just bought one from autozone and installed it!

On the4g6x is it the four bolts or the crank bolt too?

On the 4G6#, it is the four bolts for the crank pulley (accessory belts). The large center bolt is for the crank sprocket (timing belt).

On the 4G6#, it is the four bolts for the crank pulley (accessory belts). The large center bolt is for the crank sprocket (timing belt).

Kk thanks. I got out off but I can't get it out.it is stuckbetween the wheel well and thecenter bolt

Place a floor jack and a block of wood under the engine for support and remove the driver side engine mount. Carefully lower the engine down until you gain enough room to remove the pulley.

Place a floor jack and a block of wood under the engine for support and remove the driver side engine mount. Carefully lower the engine down until you gain enough room to remove the pulley.

There is no other way eh? Lol I can do that I'm just not comfortable doing it.I've never removed an engine mount

Any way you look at it, you'll need to remove the driver side engine mount. For support of the engine, you have options. People are more likely to have a hydraulic jack than an engine hoist/cherry picker which is why I suggested the jack, not to mention it is much less of a hassle. Just be absolutely certain you do not use the jack alone. Use a block of wood in between the jack and the engine!

Any way you look at it, you'll need to remove the driver side engine mount. For support of the engine, you have options. People are more likely to have a hydraulic jack than an engine hoist/cherry picker which is why I suggested the jack, not to mention it is much less of a hassle. Just be absolutely certain you do not use the jack alone. Use a block of wood in between the jack and the engine!

i have the car on stands, the jack with wood under the engine, but either im loosening the wrong mount or mine is seized. or im trying the wrong bolts. I'm trying to loosen the one near the transmition. but i am trying to loosen the bolt going through the bushing. it is siezed so the two bolts just rotate. i hold one still and try spinning the other but it just jerks and smoke comes off. i dont want to snap it.

is there another way to drop the engine a few centimeters?

Driver side engine mount -- by your belts, not the transmission mount. There are two nuts and one bolt mating the mount to the engine bracket and one bolt mating the mount to the frame. The "through" bolt mating the mount to the frame threads into a built-in nut in the wheel well. Use the jack and block of wood to support the engine before trying to loosen the nuts/bolts. That will allow for some slack when you break them loose. If you are concerned with snapping bolts, try spraying some lubricant (WD40, PB Blaster, etc.) on the fasteners for peace of mind.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Driver side engine mount -- by your belts, not the transmission mount. There are two nuts and one bolt mating the mount to the engine bracket and one bolt mating the mount to the frame. The "through" bolt mating the mount to the frame threads into a built-in nut in the wheel well. Use the jack and block of wood to support the engine before trying to loosen the nuts/bolts. That will allow for some slack when you break them loose. If you are concerned with snapping bolts, try spraying some lubricant (WD40, PB Blaster, etc.) on the fasteners for peace of mind.

I put that picture on my phone thanks, but I don't see that mount at all. Only one I see is the transmition one

If the mount isn't there, the engine should lower enough to allow for removal of the crank pulley. It really shouldn't be this difficult. If you absolutely can't get the pulley out still, you can look into removing the big bolt for the crank sprocket or (again utilizing the jack and block of wood) taking out the transmission mount in the front of the car and lowering the engine down.

Lol found er today and got er today. For some reason there is a car alarm horn covering it and it doesn't even work. Previous owner LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back