The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420a and its wonder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiefs4life96

Probationary Member
Apr 21, 2021
Hurt, Virginia
I've noticed the 420a not recieve it's fair share of respect and perhaps that's just because of Chrysler. It's a wonderful motor especially sitting in my 97 eagle. Here's why I say this, WEIGHT, WEIGHT, WEIGHT!!.. putting my foot on the gas she picks up wonderfully until about 100 mph or until I hit 5th. Now you might think it's too slow or crappy because the turbo motors or AWD provides more power and so on but your also adding weight. The 420a cruises flawlessly at 70 and also picks up tremendously applying gas. So think about a sharper turn. Hitting gas then letting off right before the turn transfers the weight from the rear end to the front, giving the 420a a beautiful glide through some wicked angles.. this also picks weight off the back end to give to a beautiful slide. With no revs what's so ever the eagle with the 420a tackles awesome bends thus you dont dawg the motor or hurt the transmission. With the incredible low end power and not having a turbo the engine responds quickly to give you amazing takeoff after the turn. Remember the goal is to make the turn quickly and then straighten them tires out and with your front end being straight you can smack the gas transferring the weight back to align your back end to follow. I cant tell you it's better then the 4G or the AWD but you cant completely forget the brilliance behind what they did for the car. Its starts up great and feels amazing to cruise with plus you get that fun little Xfactor.. I find its worth it's own.. Instead of supping up the 420a motor I'll say sup up that suspension and do anything possible to reinforce the lower end of the 420a motor. My car truly glides like an eagle and I'm truthfully happy with my purchase.

Wow thats some poetic shit right there.

:talon::talon::talon::talon::talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back