The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 420a Alternator top tensioner bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleepy2L

Proven Member
Sep 4, 2021
Apache Junction, Arizona
So today as I was going to remove my alternator on my 99 eclipse Gs I noticed the alternator looked fairly new, upon further inspection the top tensioner bolt on the top of the alternator is completely missing. Do you guys know where I can get a bolt at/ what kind of bolt… I know it’s a 15mm. I will include a picture of the bolt I am talking about

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

part #
06504880aa

its 14799s in the picture. Ill have to go measure the other bolt that screws into it cause it doesn't give a part number in Mitsu. ASA

the long bolt is M8 x 1.25 x 90mm

The other one I am talking about is the one that faces the firewall, it’s a 13mm. I believe you unscrew it to relieve the tension off of the belt. What size is that one also? Sorry haha I don’t mean to make you disassemble yo car

the short bolt (part # 06504880aa) goes in the slot on the side of the upper alternator mount bracket and then thru the upper hole on alternator housing. It has a nut that goes on the end.
After you loosen the nut on the bottom mount, you loosen the nut on the short bolt and then turn the long bolt to adjust tension.

the long bolt threads thru the end of the short bolt. the head will be toward the firewall.

in the picture the bottom would be the firewall side, the top is the engine side.
if that doesn't make sense i can go reinstall it and take a picture from whatever angle you want.

engine is on a stand so its not a problem

That would be nice, if you didn’t mind. I am missing that short bolt and the long bolt entirely. I think I’m gonna go to the hardware store tomorrow and purchase the 90mm bolt and grab a nut to hold the alternator in place hopefully if I get them tight enough the tension will hold

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back