The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A 420a 95 eclipse randomly stalls and won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonv420a

Probationary Member
Nov 30, 2012
Las vegas, Nevada
I bought a 95 eclipse and the car ran great, suddenly the car started to randomly die while I was driving or at a stop it didn't matter. It would do this like ever couple days somdays more frequent but this time it's not starting, only cranking. I changed fuel filter and still doesn't work, so I spray stater fluid in the intake and the car just cranked so its electrical obviously. I changed the coil pack and just recently rewired a new crank sensor in that I got from oreillys, if the oreillys sensor is setup the same way stock sensor was then I wired it correctly and ofcourse car still doesn't start, could it be the camsensor? What was making the car randomly die in the first place but always start back up? A few times the at would take about 15 minutes before it started again It would just crank but always fired back up. It's been stuck now for 2 weeks and I can't get it going please give me ideas thanks

Thats exatcly what my 95esi did when the ecu went. i changed the cam and crank sensors, redidall the grounds and still the same problem no spark and no fuel. the fuel pump wuldnt come on at all and it wuldnt fire with ether either, but soon as i put a new used ecu in it fired right to life. It happened just the same as yours it started to jus die randomly an wuld fire right back up then it start takin longer an longer to fire till finally it died alltogether.

Yep that's exactly what it was I actually took it to the shop and they had to tell me, but does anyone have a used ecu laying around that would fit the car? I really don't know where to get one besides like eBay and I don't want to buy a brand new one tey are kinda pricey :/ anyone know where to get a good deal on one?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back