The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420a 4g63 gasket set

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh ok thanks for answering so quickly. I hope it’s for the 4g63 if not. ordering another gasket. :/
Whats the part number? Felpro is 9627PT and is only $16.40 on RockAuto

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

9627 is for a 6 bolt 4g63

felpro all 4g63 except performance

Last edited:
felpro 4g63 performance gaskets

Honestly I was in a rush at work when I order it. I don’t know exactly all I know is they said it would fit both which didn’t sound right. Will know 2mrrw and post part number thanks you everyone

They work on 2g engines too.

If the mls 1153-1 works on 89-99 why wouldn’t the 9627pt?

The 1153 composite gasket was superseded by the 9627.

I think what hes referring to is the headgasket. The photo/info he posted what for the whole headset kit. 9627PT is the headgasket for 90-99 4g63s as you and I both know. HS 9627PT is for 6bolts..which is the headset

I think what hes referring to is the headgasket. The photo/info he posted what for the whole headset kit. 9627PT is the headgasket for 90-99 4g63s as you and I both know. HS 9627PT is for 6bolts..which is the headset
Yep.
I was tryiing to check the napa site and read posts at the same time.

The napa site is fuct up. When i looked up a headgasket set for a 97 eagle talon, it gives 2 choices,
2.0L 122Cid l4 dohc Chrysler
Or
2.0L 1997cc l4 dohc Mitsubishi

If you pick mitsubishi it says 3 exact fit. The 1st listing is a 420a HG set, 2nd is the 4g set, and 3rd is another 420a set.

If you pick chrysler, it give you the same 3 listings but now the 4g set comes up first.

The point is, napa's gay ass website is to blame. I know that the system they use in-store is not the same one that the website uses.
Im gonna call my homie that works at napa right now and say what thefuck (Its his day off :D)

so i was told that it comes up correct on napa's in store parts lookup system.

on 2g cars, to avoid this kinda problem as much as possible, my suggestion is:

if you have an eclipse or talon with 420a engine, use Dodge Avenger as your vehicle when searching for engine parts

if you have a talon with a 4g63, use Mitsubishi Eclipse as your vehicle when searching for engine parts.

Sorry took so long they didn’t even order the part but here are the numbers.

Attachments

• 161DF96E-3B39-4AB6-844F-0741ACA85126.jpeg
    161DF96E-3B39-4AB6-844F-0741ACA85126.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 8FBFD5D5-0F45-4D0D-BC29-BCD207ECD933.jpeg
    8FBFD5D5-0F45-4D0D-BC29-BCD207ECD933.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 115
assholes gave you a 420a gasket set.

dam gonna have to get another... whats the part number at napa so i can get the correct one this time. i need the whole set with intake and exhaust stuff. would really help me out if anyone could.or should i just go back and look up the gasket set under mistubishi?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back