The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 420a 2g lock cylinder button replacement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen Hakuren

Probationary Member
Jan 9, 2023
Olympia, Washington
So I have a 2G and I installed a finger print reader for acc power in the dash. The issue now is adding an ignition switch. I want the ignition switch to replace the lock cylinder in the steering column. Does anyone know of any switches that are designed to fit where the ignition lock cylinder would go? Google has not been helpful...

So I have a 2G and I installed a finger print reader for acc power in the dash. The issue now is adding an ignition switch. I want the ignition switch to replace the lock cylinder in the steering column. Does anyone know of any switches that are designed to fit where the ignition lock cylinder would go? Google has not been helpful...
With tech like a finger print scanner, why not ditch the key and go for something electric like an s2000 start button?

With tech like a finger print scanner, why not ditch the key and go for something electric like an s2000 start button?
That's essentially what I am doing... But instead of being on the dash I want it to replace the lock cylinder. So instead of putting in a key I push a button in the location where the key cylinder used to be.

That's essentially what I am doing... But instead of being on the dash I want it to replace the lock cylinder. So instead of putting in a key I push a button in the location where the key cylinder used to be.
My bad, I see you said button now- I don’t think you’re going to find anything specifically for that, but maybe you or someone you know has a 3D printer and you could make an adapter ring?

18 years ago when adding an s2000 switch, the easy diy wiring was to “borrow” a pigtail from a desktop computer fan IIRC, it would plug in and have the wires needed to tap into the factory switch, I’m sure that would still work if you can find the write ups somewhere. That’s a nice button, has that “go baby go” feel.

My bad, I see you said button now- I don’t think you’re going to find anything specifically for that, but maybe you or someone you know has a 3D printer and you could make an adapter ring?

18 years ago when adding an s2000 switch, the easy diy wiring was to “borrow” a pigtail from a desktop computer fan IIRC, it would plug in and have the wires needed to tap into the factory switch, I’m sure that would still work if you can find the write ups somewhere. That’s a nice button, has that “go baby go” feel.
The ignition switch at the end of the cylinder has already been removed. I just want a switch that will fit where the lock cylinder was so I can put the ingition button near the steering wheel without trying to by a custom slip ring

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back