The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

400$ What's the best bang for buck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how bout a 14b, mbc, automatic trans shift kit, and automatic trans endings kit from ipt. Cost around 250 in parts, and the rest will go to my mechanic to put it on for me. What you guys say to that? And in a couple months (2-3 when i get more dough) I will do the timing belt and balance shaft removal. :thumb:

Do these things you mentioned but do them the other way around. :thumb:

Trust me I have a car that has been down for a long time due to a Tbelt failure. And guess what, the belt looked fine. Drove home one night just fine. Came out the next morning fired it up and it bent all the valves. No idea what happened.

So do the Belts and all the pulleys and tensioners before you start making more power. The peace of mind alone will be worth it. Not to mention the money it will save you in the long run.

14.5 drift said:
Also from all my investigations on cai it seems like a worthless mod. While the existing box takes actual cool air from the wheel well, a cold air intake takes hot air from the engine bay.

Definitely not true. If you plan on getting an aftermarket exaust, you wont see as much hp gains out of it without an intake because an intake brings cold air into the engine,and without more cold air coming from the intake,a nice exaust wouldnt have the air to put out.

You want best bang for $400? Nitrous is your answer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7908385555&category=33740

I don't know who makes that kit but you can jet it for a 50hp shot which will run on your stock fuel pump no problem. That will give you a pretty huge increase in power somewhere to the tune of 75whp and 100ft/lbs of torque. The kit is $399 which is in your budget.

There ain't no bang for the buck like nitrous, period. You should have all your maintance items done regardless so if your looking to spend $400 strictly a performance item that will get you the most HP for the $$$'s.

Yah and after he shoots that nitrous he will be wishing he had that $400 back so he can fix what was damaged LOL.

Maintanence should ALWAYS be a first. No point in modding if everything else isn't up to date.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back