The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

4 Motor Mounts for the 420a, but the stores only sell 3 ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bo0st

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
4 Motor Mounts for the 420a, but the stores only sell 3 ?? I called into Autozone, O'reilly auto parts and Napa. they only claim to have '3' motor mounts for the 420a 98 Mitsubishi eclipse

Yet the car has 4 motor mounts as anyone knows. The dealer is able to sell me 4 but I was hoping I'd find a place reputable that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? :barf:

did you check under transmission mount?
one on the transmission, one in front of the engine, one behind the engine, one on side of the engine.

I don't need trans mount I just the 4 motor mounts, as you can see there it's only displaying 3. Napa only has 3, Oreilly only has 3 too. Mitsubishi Dealer has told me they have 4 but they want $300 for it

i had eclipse and talon 420a models and when i did my motor mounts was only three. one on the left side one on the right one front and the last one is a trans mount that makes four wich i got all mounts at napa with no prolem no need for the dealer

there are only 3 motor mounts.
and one transmission mount.
a TOTAL of 4 mounts. 3+1

look im just helping you out here and spoon feeding you the info that you need. if you dont want to believe anyone on here then why are you even asking? i've already explained that the four mounts are as follows 1. driver side motor mount 2. the rear roll stop 3. the front roll stop 4. the passenger trans mount . not all mounts are "motor mounts"

if the mounts are just worn out, get pro mount inserts. pros-stronger material, less cost, oil/chemical resistant, will last much much longer than stock, better power transfer. cons-vibration at low rpm.
look it up on energy suspension or look up motor mount inserts on ebay. make sure you get all 4. and yes one is a transmission mount.

:hellyeah:
if the mounts are just worn out, get pro mount inserts. pros-stronger material, less cost, oil/chemical resistant, will last much much longer than stock, better power transfer. cons-vibration at low rpm.
look it up on energy suspension or look up motor mount inserts on ebay. make sure you get all 4. and yes one is a transmission mount.

Now I'm reading from the Haynes repair manual for our cars and it says under #9 in replacement:

The rubber portion of the mounts are normally available separately from the bracket that attaches it to the frame or block. Obtain new inserts and take them to an automotive machine shop or dealer service department to be pressed into the existing bracket

So if I were to get pro inserts, I'd need to have them pressed in by a machine shop correct?

Better to just replace with oem from oreilly IMO. You guys are right there's only 3 motor mounts and some say 'front roll stropper' which looks like the part I'm about to buy from o'reilly for $34

Better to just replace with oem from oreilly IMO. You guys are right there's only 3 motor mounts and some say 'front roll stropper' which looks like the part I'm about to buy from o'reilly for $34

You will find out that a lot of people here on this site know what they are talking about. Not to sound mean but for someone who has 200+ tech post, makes me wounder what kind of info you are giving people if you can't even tell the difference between a motor mount and a trans mount. Like I said, not trying to mean, just throwing that out there.

you will find out that a lot of people here on this site know what they are talking about. Not to sound mean but for someone who has 200+ tech post, makes me wounder what kind of info you are giving people if you can't even tell the difference between a motor mount and a trans mount. Like i said, not trying to mean, just throwing that out there.

++++++++++1^

:hellyeah:

Now I'm reading from the Haynes repair manual for our cars and it says under #9 in replacement:

So if I were to get pro inserts, I'd need to have them pressed in by a machine shop correct?

no it is not neccessary to take it to a machine shop. you just need the tools to support the motor, and remove the mounts. I used a floor jack. Once you have the side mounts out (passenger side and transmission mount under the battery tray) you will have to remove the rubber. I used a skill saw (jigsaw) and a cordless drill ( you need to drill out most of the rubber) once you cut through the thin aluminum ring holding the rubber in use a chisel or flathead and chisel close to where you cut and once its loose take out the rubber insert. putting the new ones in is easy, lube them with a dab of oil and use a hammer to tap them in. the roll stop ( front and rear ) mounts are much easier. once you have them out you put the inserts in place and put them back in place. I did mine in my driveway but if you are not familiar with using tools find a mechanic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back