The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

4 bolt swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4wheelpeel90

Probationary Member
Jun 11, 2002
clarks_summitpa
I was wondering if the rear diff. from a 95 talon awd auto will work on a 90 awd 5-speed? Is the 95 a 4 bolt? Thanks for your time.

got one...sell it to you complete with everything you need, everything in good shape 4bolt lsd, good axles...blabh blabh 475$

Here's a ? to add on to this thread. Since it started out about taking a 2nd gen rear diff and putting it on a 1st gen, is this alone even possible? Like, will everything (cups, axles, rear diff) swap over? I'm curious cause I have a wrecked 2g awd coming my way soon.

Nope, not possible. The 2G rear diff bolts in entirely differently, and there aren't any cups on the 2Gs, the axle just runs through the hub like on the front end of a 1G. You *have* to use a 1G 4 bolt 5psd rear for the conversion.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back