The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

4.5 intercooler core

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anything can be made to fit if you really try, but without knowing what kind it is, or what the overall dimensions are, it's really hard to say what you would need to do to make it work. Most likely you would need to cut, or remove the front crash beam. I know it's possible to run up to a 6" core with modifications.;)

^^^but require a lot more mx/attention, which might not be something that is wanted.

Water to air intercoolers work better and fit in places without hacking things.... just a thought.
No I don't want a water to air, I ordered a intercooler from sheepy built and it has taken awhile so he apologized and said he would upgrade it for me!

There's a big text section on spearco website they say anything much over 2.75 to 3 inches thick is actually not doing any extra good and keeping the air just heat soak in it and no cool air reaching your radiator or condenser just read that the other day you might want to take a look at it

There's a big text section on spearco website they say anything much over 2.75 to 3 inches thick is actually not doing any extra good and keeping the air just heat soak in it and no cool air reaching your radiator or condenser just read that the other day you might want to take a look at it
Glenn, going from 2.75 to 4.5 inch is night and day for me. My IAT and knock are both down. Cheap ebay or similar cores don't offer enough fin density to keep it cool in the summer. Far as the cooling issue goes I haven't had any issues. I have a proper ducting channeling the air to my half radiator. With my single fan on full time I have yet to over heat. That's even with 98 degree southern weather. In summer I run 80% water and it work very well. If you have the right things in place, the benefit of running larger intercooler is well worth it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back