The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink 3rd gear log, confused about the knock im seeing (dsmlink V3)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM-Franek

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2006
Elmwood Park, New_Jersey
This is on the evo8 base but with 2g timing tables.
I know I really need to get a map sensor logged but this was at 20-22psi

The timing and fuel sliders are zeroed as you can see by my rich wbo2 readings but can anyone give me any insight as to why i'm seeing knock?

Thanks so much in advance,
Frank

Attachments

• log.2009.03.31-01.elg
    44.9 KB · Views: 101
I'm also experiencing strange knock blips at cruise also, even in vacuum. Is this a sign of a dying knock sensor?

I have my stock boost gauge as a knock gauge and randomly at cruise sometimes it will shoot all the way up and you can obviously feel the timing pull. I'll get off the gas and it will drop then if I continue sometimes it will come back and some times it will disappear.

Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks alot,
Frank

Here is a cruise log with the random cruise knock i'm seeing. It happens at about 550 secs.

(ECMTuning User Support Forums file was too big to upload here :rolleyes:)

Any ideas? bad sensor?

Thanks alot,
Frank

Just edit you original posts and i hope someone will beable to help you but that is odd. Do u feel anything hitting at your feet like your exhaust or anything...

Just edit you original posts and i hope someone will beable to help you but that is odd. Do u feel anything hitting at your feet like your exhaust or anything...

I don't feel anything rattling around at all. :confused:

I'm also experiencing strange knock blips at cruise also, even in vacuum. Is this a sign of a dying knock sensor?

I have my stock boost gauge as a knock gauge and randomly at cruise sometimes it will shoot all the way up and you can obviously feel the timing pull. I'll get off the gas and it will drop then if I continue sometimes it will come back and some times it will disappear.

Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks alot,
Frank

Same type of thing will happen to me occasionally. Anybody know?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back