The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 3g shifter in 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awd4g63turbo

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 3, 2007
Greenville, North_Carolina
After finally getting the 3g shifter installed in my 1g, I'm now trying to get the wiring figured out. I have the forced four smart 100 that I am wanting to use in triptronic mode. I know that the purple wire from the shift box is up-shift, and the white/purple wire from the shift box is down-shift.... just trying to figure out where they need to connect on the shifter side.
Every swap I have read up on was someone doing the swap with a auto harness car, but I am wiring the shift box in without a tcu, using my manual harness. If I overlooked a thread please point me in the right direction . Thanks

Not sure if you figured this out yet or not but I have pictures on my phone from when I wired mine up. I have it wired so that when you put it in drive it runs off the TCU and shifts like normal but when you switch the shifter over to tiptronic it turns the shift box on and you can bang thru the gears. Lmk if you need wiring info

Not sure if you figured this out yet or not but I have pictures on my phone from when I wired mine up. I have it wired so that when you put it in drive it runs off the TCU and shifts like normal but when you switch the shifter over to tiptronic it turns the shift box on and you can bang thru the gears. Lmk if you need wiring info
Please post wiring info and pics that would be immensely helpful!

heres the wires that i used when i wired my 3g shifter to the shiftbox

Black wire/ orange tracer is a ground

White wire/ red tracer goes to shift box purple wire

Black wire/ yellow tracer goes the shift box white wire purple

Forgot to update. I got everything up and running on a stock converter/trans while I was waiting on my other trans to get built, and my other convertor back from Bradco. Decided to try the shift box out to see what the "auto craze" was all about. I must say, I like it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I knew it wouldn't stall up to launch, so I just rolled out and made a quick pull. With the built trans and Bradco converter I think it will be a blast...

Autos are much more fun then a lot of ppl think especially when built, stalled, and a shift box. I have just as much fun in my built awd auto spyder then I did in my old 5 spd spyder. Launching at 20psi with no worries of breaking stuff makes it all the more enjoyable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back