The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

3g lifter height

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrymane

Proven Member
Dec 13, 2012
port richey, Florida
i looked around and didnt find anything i purchased a 3g lifters for my 97 gst and they look alittle bit taller? is that how there supose to be or not i am installing them now? please help

They aren't really any longer. It is just that your old lifters are so gummed up on the inside they don't return all the way when there is no rocker on them. Take a pair of pliers and pull the end of the lifter back out all the way and they are pretty much the same size.

1g and 3G are the same height, 2g are slightly shorter. All 3 have different oil port sizes.

Did you buy 3rd generation eclipse lifters (00-05) or the 3rd revision of the dsm lifters?

Eba brand new they are a tiny bit bigger

They were for dsm vehicles and according to the line on the post they are little bit bigger barley. i installed them Im kinda trouble shooting the ticking in the head i thong i have a bad valve. cal 2 misfires randomly Im comp testing tomorrow

They were 3g lifters for dsm motors they came oiled in theair tight bag and they were all tight when installed and it ticks.fast still so i thinly its one of the valves

I'm gonna try to post a video today

They weren't full LOL the bag had oil in them I watched jafro do it there not suppose to be soft when installed if they are it runs weird for a finite or soon until they fill up

But if they're hard you run the risk of bending valves. I'd rather just deal with some noisy lifter for a few minutes, but hey that's just me.

Ok i didn't wanna take a chance of messing anything up internally. Its been parked for a week now because the ticking and once the new lifters were in and ticking Im gonna drive it ill give it a week and if its still ticking then Im gonna pull the head and check valves. i also purchased bc 272 and need to know if i need springs and if so them what is the right way of going about this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back