The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 3G Brake Booster for a 1GA

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunn3r

Proven Member
Nov 1, 2019
Rockland, New_York
I recently bought a 3G Power Brake Booster from AutoZone. This brake booster is way too big and does not fit in my 1GA DSM (non ABS). Can someone point me in the right direction on which one I should be ordering? It does not have to be from AutoZone it can be from anywhere. Below is the link of the brake booster I ordered that does not fit.

Also, I was looking at replacing the booster with a factory replacement, but the Non ABS brake booster is no longer being rebuilt and sold for a 1GA. The ABS brake booster for a 1GA is still being rebuilt. Could I use a ABS brake booster on a non ABS 1GA? Thank you.

Mmm not sure ive used one but i dont know if it was abs or non one is skinny if remember i use a 3 brake booster on mine with no issues.

I'm not to sure on 1g compatibility. What makes it not fit? What makes you want to upgrade boosters?

I did the 3g master upgrade prior to doing the booster.
The one I ordered from AutoZone is a 2000 Eclipse V6 power brake booster. It's just way to big to cram into the corner of a 1G.

I want to upgrade the booster and master cylinder because I'm doing a CSTV swap and because the OEM master cylinder was leaking into the brake booster corroding/wearing out the seal.

Mmm not sure ive used one but i dont know if it was abs or non one is skinny if remember i use a 3 brake booster on mine with no issues.
The Non ABS are skinny compared to the ABS.

Can you point me in the direction of the 3G Brake Booster you are currently using?

The one I ordered from AutoZone is a 2000 Eclipse V6 power brake booster. It's just way to big to cram into the corner or a 1G.

I want to upgrade the booster and master cylinder because I'm doing a CSTV swap and because the OEM master cylinder was leaking into the brake booster corroding/wearing out the seal.
I would recommend doing the 3g master upgrade instead. Although both is great. I have a write up on my experience on here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back