The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G 3D printed side mirror cover tweeter mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dat240zg

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2008
Rogers, Arkansas
Any interest? I’ve been trying to come up with a way to mount tweeters seamlessly.

I’m a member on ih8mud and there is a guy there that prints high quality 3D parts for landcruisers, FJ40’s, etc.

I reached out to him about printing a side mirror cover with the tweeter mount built in and angled for better placement. I’m sending the black mirror cover and the tweeter and mount to him. When he gets the design back to me, I’ll post it up here. Should be a nice way to get tweeters placed closer to where they need to be.

BTW, here’s the link to the thread on Ih8mud: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/benjamins-3d-prints-build.1171700/

Attachments

• 80605CB6-DE9D-498E-97E3-219758DF5DFC.jpeg
    80605CB6-DE9D-498E-97E3-219758DF5DFC.jpeg
    724 KB · Views: 149
Last edited by a moderator:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So here are the pics of the first round trial print. Ben is sending these back to me to test fit. We’ll make any tweaks that are needed and then he’ll print them in carbon fiber PETG. Nice, tight final print that can be sanded and painted.

I’ll post up final install pics and then pass on Bens info if anyone is interested.

So here are the finished products. Fit very nice and tight. The tweeter I used was a standard sized Infinity tweeter. Used with a 6.5” woofer in door with crossover mounted to inside of door panel.

Overall, a great experience. Ben is a standup businessman. He made a couple iterations with no extra charges to make design changes. Couldn’t be happier.

These. Are. Awesome.

Really good. I’m slowly upgrading all of my speakers to infinity Reference. Don’t think I’ll get the full benefit until I have an amp driving it better.

How much that run you?
For the design, shipping two versions back and forth and then final print was $75. I’m betting that now that he has a working design, that he cost would be less. I’m just happy with not having to cut something up!

You'll definitely need a 4chan amp for interior.(to get them sounding proper), big 3 upgrade first so you dont drop as much voltage compared to stock. That's a fair price for what you're looking for. Most dsm or pro audio guys are the diy type so its take me 2 minutes to get any tweeter mounted anywhere. Looks bad ass :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back