The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

3D models

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SinEclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2004
San Diego, California
Well the 350z was my first car model and still learning. The second car is my current project and will be part of a portfolio I am making. These are some new render I did just now and still working on it to get the lighting set up correctly.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/bunda4th/Staging.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/bunda4th/Testrender.jpg

The second car is an Audi R8 and is my second car model. I would fix the 350z but I screwed up by smoothing it out and saving it.

I am still new to 3d modeling and learning everything through books and tutorials I can find.

Tell me what you guys think :)

cool:thumb:....but learn how to post pics i hate links....use these
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The 350Z looks like a really good start!
What modeling software are you using? I used to use 3D Studio max a lot, though I never could do cars.. I got pretty decent at low polygon humans though (mostly character modeling for games).

I should had posted the image right to it but wasn't to sure if photobucket was going to make it full size or not. Thanks for posting the pictures directly :).

I use Autodesk Maya 8.5 and 2008 to do all my 3d models. For rendering I use Mental Ray with a stage setup that is similar to a real studio set up for cars but still need change a few things for the render setup to get the lighting and shadow correct.

I also know how to use 3d Studio Max but I prefer Maya because it has much more options to work with.

Thanks for all the comment.

Ah, I have used Maya in the past (l before they were owned by Autodesk.. Version 5 or 6) LOVED the work flow.. Though thats about the same time when I got out of 3D Modeling.

Any ways, hope to see progress on these!

The 350z was my first model and first time using Maya at the time and that took about 6.5 hours to get that far. That I can't really do much to any more when it comes to fixing and lining the body better because I did a mesh smooth and saved the work so I can't get back to returning to the original mesh to fix.

The Audi R8 I have put about 3 hours so far. I still need to fix a few bumps that can't be seen on the hood. I will be posting up new progress in the end of this week since I have a few projects I have to finish for school.

This was an Audi S5 I was doing but I lost the file when I had to reformat my computer.

Vprime- Modeling car is pretty simple and in these images you can see the blueprints of the car and the wires. Its basically keeping the polygon flow and in quads so when it comes to smoothing it out it will looks nicer.

A few updates. I got the doors done and parts of the trunk done. Just need to finish up the rear bumper and then start on adding the details to it.

At the same time I am putting this on hold because I am making the brake kit for it and then some rims and tires.

Those are two different render. Mainly trying out new materials and a few light adjustment.

I started this topic doing just a basic model of the Audi R8 and went into more details then I usually do because this will be one of my starter portfolio piece for school. Tell me what you guys think of these few renders. Each of the renders I did were a bit different and a few tweaking and different style for the portfolio. The ones with side mirrors are the most recent renders.

Thanks for the comment. I really like the design of the car and I had a good time modeling this. It is still in progress to fix a few bumps and finish up the headlights since it is still missing a few pieces inside and finish up the inside of the tail lights.

Overall I am happy with the stuff and the way the render came out. I decided my next project after fix this a bit more will be a 1g Eclipse/Talon since I got the blue print of that car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back