The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 3D Model of 2gb Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai Hefner

Freelancer
Jun 21, 2018
Calgary, AB_Canada
Has anyone made or does anyone know about a 3D model for a Talon? An eclipse will be fine at the end of the day.
At my job I live inside of Solidworks and Solid Edge and I was interested in designing some actually performance-increasing spoilers (and maybe some other parts) as opposed to the big aluminum one that I have now.
Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen that grabcad & cadnav one before I'll try those tomorrow.
I was more looking for something with correct dimensions. I don't want to design and fabricate something that won't end up fitting around the curve of the trunk.

Edit: Tried all of the above links, none of them were compatible with Solidworks or SolidEdge (basically none of them were STL, STEP, or any other similar 3D, editable variation).

Edit2: A very well dimensioned drawing of the rear end/hatch of the car will also work, maybe if I could collect enough dims over time I could made a proper model.

Last edited:
I asked myself the same question today. I suppose the most pragmatic way to do it would be to obtain a 3D scan of an actual car or at least components of the can and then turn that point cloud into a mesh and use that to rebuild a 3D model. I certainly doubt that any of the 3D models available on the net provide accurate and reliable dimensions. But maybe I am wrong.

I asked myself the same question today. I suppose the most pragmatic way to do it would be to obtain a 3D scan of an actual car or at least components of the can and then turn that point cloud into a mesh and use that to rebuild a 3D model. I certainly doubt that any of the 3D models available on the net provide accurate and reliable dimensions. But maybe I am wrong.
I honestly wouldn't doubt there to be an accurate 3D model of these cars sitting on someone's hard drive. I'm sure there is one person from 2000-now who has gotten their car scanned for a custom bodykit or some other reason.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back