The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 3bolt lsd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Nissan350z

Proven Member
Oct 23, 2013
Canton, Ohio
Hey Hey.,

Alright so I'm on my 2nd 3 bolt rear... The first one started getting really loud when decelerating so I pulled it and through in a spare... Now it's starting to get loud and choppy on decel also. However it's fine when accelerating and coasting in neutral as was my first one... I've been searching for a long time for a 4 bolt and haven't been able to locate one. So my main question is can these be rebuilt? If so does anyone have a link for a kit and how well do they last then?

I have seen 3-4 4 bolt rear difs in the classifieds on here. I think Steve Miller, Miller Import parts had a couple of them you just need to keep a eye on the stuff for sale here, they can still be bought. Never rebuilt one of these rear difs but if its just the bearings I am sure it can be done just like anything else as long as the ring and pinion aren't wore out which would mean getting new gears also. My 2 cents. Keep your eyes open. Are you putting out so much horse power that you are ruining them or are they on their last leg anyway? My 3 bolt has been holding up to right around 500 but I have a 4 bolt to replace it (and a spare 3 bolt) whenever that time comes. Bought it from Millers. You might want to get ahold of them soon and inquire.

thanks for the reply! I'm around 400, it's weird because I think I've only "launched" my car a hand full of times. When I drained my last rear I had metal on the drain plug so I just pulled it out and stuck the spare in there. it was fine on my test drive but it started getting loud the next day :(. And I will definitely check on millers!

What fluid are you using? Might wanna use some redline heavy duty shock proof in your next rear end. I'm using that in my stock 3bolt and it loves it. I found my 4bolt on here for like $150. Having Terhune raceworks build it up for me :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back