The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

35r stock motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j5819n

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2007
vancouver, Washington
ok so i am looking to do the punishment racing 35r turbo kit and i have all the supporting mods( 1000cc injectors, 255 fuel pump, areomotive fpr, ets race core, gm maf, dsmlink.) i was talking to lucas english from english racing and we were thinking a good route would be to throw the turbo kit on first because i am doing pump gas and on about 22 pounds or so i will be at low 400whp range:thumb:. Lucas believes that the motor will last for a while then when it goes i can build it. Now my question is has anyone else done the 35r kit on a stock motor with supporting mods and how long did the motor last? i did search and didn't find anything of use. I am later going to be switching to E85 and be around 600whp :D so the motor being built is in the future but i am just wondering how long the motor last. I know every car is different so there isn't like a set amount of time i am just wondering on your experiance? Thanks oh and yes i do already have a wideband

Sounds like you'll be okay with your supporting mods. You would definately gain from some cams. I'm not going to say what to go with because it's all opinionated and there are plenty of opinions floating around on this website to support every answer you wish to gain. But if you plan on going E85 anytime in the near future those 1000cc's might not be enough to support your hopes of 600whp. Otherwise it sounds like your set, oh and if you plan on shifting around 8500 you might want to look into your springs/retainers. Just a thought, hope this helps!

ya i know but i will get used to it. i thought my leg was going to fall of the first day i had the 2600 and now it feels soft so it won't be to bad. and once i get over the fact that my trany is going to chatter everytime i touch the clutch i will be fine it will be worth being able to do whatever i want to it

Actually I find my twin to be easier to daily and pedal pressure is less than my old 2600.

Sounds like you'll be okay with your supporting mods. You would definately gain from some cams. I'm not going to say what to go with because it's all opinionated and there are plenty of opinions floating around on this website to support every answer you wish to gain. But if you plan on going E85 anytime in the near future those 1000cc's might not be enough to support your hopes of 600whp. Otherwise it sounds like your set, oh and if you plan on shifting around 8500 you might want to look into your springs/retainers. Just a thought, hope this helps!

ya once i switch to e85 down the road prob going to get some 1600cc injectors with another 255 fuel pump but for now i think i am good. and i am not doing anything to the engine til it blows then i am doing comps 272's, eagle rods, weisco pistons, some porting, all arp studs, and aftermarket headgasket. just waiting for the engine to go. but thanks for the input, and the cams and new engine will help spool that big turbo up

what kind of power did he put down on the dyno video? i will only be running like 22 or 23 pounds without meth so mine will be a little less just wondering?

Yeah, can't see the output. I dynoed 402awhp and tore apart my engine and everything still looked good. Power was being put down for 6+ mos and took it to the strip about 3-4 times and to the race track once, plus DD duties.

You should be good with those supporting mods on your stock block. And if your motor is healthy you should be good. Upgrade your cams and valvetrain and you will get the most out of power if you have not already also a good HG and some arp head studs. My friends 1g was on a stock block with about 130k on it, he had an upgraded head and tranny but ran a gt35r with supporting mods but he hit the track alot and ran 10's on his stock block.

ya i am planning to do all the engine stuff when the motor goes or prob just at the end of the summer when it is fine for the car to be down for a while. and by then if there are more gas stations with e85 i will switch but for now i am just going to pick up the punishment racing kit here in the next month or so and get the car ready for track season

oh and i forgot to day this will be a daily driver that sees the track maybe once or twice a month over the summer then not much racing the rest of the year

oh and i forgot to day this will be a daily driver that sees the track maybe once or twice a month over the summer then not much racing the rest of the year

Don't act like you won't frequent lower river road....haha

I run a T-67 on a stock motor, its been about 6 months and I beat the hell out of the car at 25 psi daily; everything still runs fine.

well that is good to know. ya i am hoping to get at least six months out of it. where are you guys getting full spool 5300-5500? is that about right i think

whiteflash:....ya ya i will be down at lower every once in a while walkin people but whatver man LOL.

The engine that I swapped in my 94 Talon came out of my Cousins 93 Talon and he was running a Garrett 35R @25-30pse I believe with stock internals (other than the 101-200 cams). The engine was completely rebuilt so It only had a couple thousand miles on it. Since it's been in my car I passed smog have perfect compression and am running an 18g @20psi now that I had it tuned by pneumo! So I'm looking forward to throwing the 62-1 turbo I got sitting in the garage as soon as I get cams and a few more mods. I feel confident that the engine will do fine.:pray: LOL

Whats up guys? Im getin back in the game now just droped off the 6 bolt at the machine shop so heres the setup. It will be stock crank rods with 2g pistons. race balance from the horminic balancer to the flywheel. Im go back with all new bearings, rings, and arp hardwear. The head will be just some mild porting with springs and 272's. Im planing on going with a 35r setup but im only going for the 400whp mark. do yall think with a good tune it will be reliable. I see the video and all but how long did it last? Any recomendations on 35r setups punishment, FP, ect...?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back