The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

350hp wet system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdropped

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 16, 2003
TexasUS
Ok before the flaming begins I know every one says put turbo. Well I'm on number 7 dsm I'm wanting to try some thing different. I have a turbo motor but want to run a 350 shot wet system with a progressive controller. Any thoughts or suggestions?

you would have to build the motor and run a direct port setup. A dual stage setup up and most importantly pray it all holds when you hit it with 350whp LOL. People do it, but on bigger v8 motors.

you would have to build the motor and run a direct port setup. A dual stage setup up and most importantly pray it all holds when you hit it with 350whp LOL. People do it, but on bigger v8 motors.

With the progressive controller it should eliminate the big jolt of 350 shot. So I don't think it will come apart. And the stock turbo motor is good for around 400hp.

I would get a progressive controller so that you can ramp up the N2o. Yes the stock motor can hold 400whp relative to tunning. But you have 350 shot on top of a motor that makes 200 so that equals 550+ not to mention the ammout of boost your running will conpound on the n2o making a 350shot actully put down 450+. I have a singe fogger on my setup thats jetted to 75, and on the dyno it nets me around 140whp.

I would get a progressive controller so that you can ramp up the N2o. Yes the stock motor can hold 400whp relative to tunning. But you have 350 shot on top of a motor that makes 200 so that equals 550+ not to mention the ammout of boost your running will conpound on the n2o making a 350shot actully put down 450+. I have a singe fogger on my setup thats jetted to 75, and on the dyno it nets me around 140whp.

You missed the part where I said I was taking the turbo off. Stock turbo motor minus the turbo doesn't make 200hp.

Oops I forgot to put I was gonna take off the turbo.

Why not keep the turbo and run less nitrous, bottle will last longer and you could accually drive the car off the bottle , I bet the 4g63t is dogshit slow without turbo. Spray a 150 or 200 w/ turbo

Why not keep the turbo and run less nitrous, bottle will last longer and you could accually drive the car off the bottle , I bet the 4g63t is dogshit slow without turbo. Spray a 150 or 200 w/ turbo

It's a track only car. This car will never see the street again. I'm looking for another Gsx to be my street car. Since it's a track car I am trying to go crazy with weight savings and eliminating turbo fmic.

Just because the turbo motor can withstand 400+whp doesn't mean that it will on a 350 shot. If its going to be a dedicated drag car then look into a high quality forged setup and bump the compression a bit. Also a direct port is the best option in stages. 350 shot will generate a lot of torque as well so look into a built drivetrain.

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

agreed! the reason why we have a turbo is because the HP gains out weigh the weight saved by removing it and makes up for extra weight gained, for the AWD guys.

When was the last time you saw a 4g63 DSM that wasnt turboed at the track? well I know I am wrong because there are 1g NT, but to be completely honest, what "fast" track DSM doesnt have a turbo?

Lol exactly what I was talking about. In my original post I said I want to do something different.

It was just an idea. I ran a 300 shot on a stock v6 before but it only made 3 passes LOL.

Dont comment unless you are or have been a nitrous user on a DSM or in other cars.

There is a auto 2G fwd with a stock T25 running a dual stage setup with a stock motor.

If you search around you will come across his info on this form and he has been around here for years with a low post count.

It was just an idea. I ran a 300 shot on a stock v6 before but it only made 3 passes LOL.

My buddy was running bottles and spraying a 150 shot on his maxima with a half ass dry kit.

It's kind of interesting to say the least. I've thought about going nitrous on my talon as well. High compression pistons e.c.t on E85 isn't really different at all, alot of peoole are doing that. I'd say build up a good forged motor (to be safer, and bump the compression) put together a good solid drivetrain, and do some research on what kind of set up you think is best to run. Without a turbo it's just going to basicaly be a nitrous car

Nothing wrong with doing something different. Who cares if no else has done it, or if there are no turboless DSMs at the track. There were no 4 Cyl. cars in general at the track either at one point. DSMs didnt accomplish what they have accomplished by everyone doing the same old shit over and over again. Nobody would be using E85 either is someone didnt give it a try.

stock bottom end can handle a lot more than 400whp, its all in the tune.

I say do it and good luck.

Okay I have a bulilt 6bolt, and a turbonetics 60 trim, and running a a wet zex kit, I used dsm link v3 ful to run my 2ndary fuel map,, get a zex turbo set up. It's based on boost, it only sprays at wot till it hit my target psi in my case is 27psi, so once I hit that no spray, and I, gooodd! Great set up, plus the purge scares people!

has been done

fwd on slicks
2.3 motor built
race car - looks like bucci laser to give you idea of what i mean by race car
3 stage system Induction Solutions with p/c
ran 12.6 on only two stage because on the third stage it would blow shit up

at the end of the day its still slow with a price over $2000.00 in just nitrous parts, turbo is the way to go

Geez I wish people would read and understand what's being said before commenting. Always so quick to put down an idea.

If your gonna run that big of a shot your defiantly going to need some timing control. The progressive controller is also a no brainer. I don't think your goin to save much weight dropping the turbo system in place of a nitrous system. The weight loss will probably be minimal. You will need to find a header thats going to flow alot. The only ones ive seen avalible are pace setter and cheap ebay ones. The only issue I see is that your not going to be able to launch in boost so 60' times will be sacrificed. Id like to see the outcome from this.

It's nice to see different. I personally have been collecting different factory parts from various makes of mitsus and hyundais to build an all motor car. So far I have an engine that will yeild over 12:1 comp on factory parts and still be able to hold 350-400hp.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back