The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

...33 cents a gallon!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboATM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
So 1 of my friends back home came across a gas station that had their pumps priced wrong...so all morning people were filling u for 33 CENTS A GALLON!!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

aahhh!!!

The luckiest ive ever come to this was one time when 93 was priced at 87, LOL

Indeed. Watch those cards. We were never charged for the difference - but it's been known to happen.

This has been happening alot lately...Two times in the last I want to say month..

It's a gimmick. They can go "Oops. We sold 200 gallons of fuel for .39. We meant for it to be 3.90. Now, we need to compensate for that. Charge ALL of the cards who purchased fuel for .39 the correct amount of 3.90.

By doing this, people who would USUALLY spend $10 at the pump thought "Oh yeah! Give me 10 gallons! .39 cents a gallon is cheap!" And when they are charged the full amount - you do the math.

Strategic mistakes - A lot of us practice them.

Can you really do that though? I mean if Walmart charged me only 99cents for a 5gal jug of Pennzoil Platinum I wouldn't get charged back. Same at Starbucks, Kragen, Mitsubishi Dealership, DSM Vendors, eBay etc etc.

Where does binding contract come into play? It's a done deal when I walk outta there.

Though I have a feeling that this is different just cause it's gas.

i guess next time you see that stop pumping, run inside pay cash! and no problem LOL

Can you really do that though? I mean if Walmart charged me only 99cents for a 5gal jug of Pennzoil Platinum I wouldn't get charged back. Same at Starbucks, Kragen, Mitsubishi Dealership, DSM Vendors, eBay etc etc.

Where does binding contract come into play? It's a done deal when I walk outta there.

Though I have a feeling that this is different just cause it's gas.

I've seen this before, a couple times actually. In some cases they were able to charge the credit cards back because the correct price is advertised all over the station itself on the signs and bill boards. Although, I couldn't say I wouldn't have fought the charge with my credit card company anyways. Who's to say that the error was in the pump? Maybe the attendent didn't change the signs. ROFL

I don't see how gas could be any different than any regular sale. The employees should be held at fault, not the customer. I wouldn't put it past the gas companies to charge back though. :banghead:

If you ever see this error, pay in cash. :D

I always thought that if a store has a product listed at a certain price, even if it is the wrong price, they HAVE to sell it at the advertised price. :hmm: :aha:

yea, i agree, they couldnt go back and charge you.

Say you go out to eat, and the server forgets to charge for your soda. He isnt going to go back and add that in, after you leave.

When i was a server, Whatever was signed on the TOTAL line, thats what we charged-even if they did the math wrong when adding the tip and shorted us.

yea, i agree, they couldnt go back and charge you.

Say you go out to eat, and the server forgets to charge for your soda. He isnt going to go back and add that in, after you leave.

When i was a server, Whatever was signed on the TOTAL line, thats what we charged-even if they did the math wrong when adding the tip and shorted us.

That's a private sale. Is gasoline considered a private sale?

I always thought that if a store has a product listed at a certain price, even if it is the wrong price, they HAVE to sell it at the advertised price. :hmm: :aha:

I think you are correct here. I work at Best Buy and every Sunday we have to go around and change tags for prices. If we miss one and say the tag said $50 but rang up as $100 at the registers we have to give that customer the product for $50 otherwise we would get in trouble for false advertisement.

its like 10c in Saudi-Arabia, LOl. mother of oil.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back