The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

318 with a massive Cummins isx turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHerron

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2011
Missoula, Montana
So check this out guys. I just listed a couple of massive turbos for sale on Facebook. They're off of Cummins isx engines (semis), with the computer controlled actuator.

Within minutes some college kid building a dodge 12v enquired. Being a college kid he wanted them for free. Pass.

Next I get a message from some guy building a Chrysler 318. I'm like, do you even know what a computer controlled VGT means? Massive turbo?

He said he doesn't need to be schooled and that banshee and fleece make a controller.

What do you guys think? Thoughts, comments??

The second guy.. if he wants to pay the asking price, sell it to him. It sounds like you are interviewing him for the opportunity to purchase. I think thats what DetroitStroker is saying.

The second guy.. if he wants to pay the asking price, sell it to him. It sounds like you are interviewing him for the opportunity to purchase. I think thats what DetroitStroker is saying.

Yes, I will sell it to him if his ego isn't bigger than his intelligence which would waste each other's time when he backs out of the deal at the last minute.

I find it funny these people that act like they can just take any old turbo to their project.

Was hoping to find some collective humor here...

It also gives me news insights to the Chrysler world, has anyone heard of a 318 with this giant turbo?

Its a gt4205 sized turbo. If our tiny 2.0l motors can push them why cant a 5.2l motor do the same? I dont understand what you are trying to ask. Money is money. Why do you care what he does with it? If he flakes out, move on to the next buyer. First to put cash in my hands gets it.

If I'm the seller in this situation.... Dude can try and use the vanes to spool his farts for all I care. If he is willing to pay; who are you to judge the sale based on the use? I get it - it's your parts you can do what you want!? Well why can't he after he paid for it?

I think what NHerron might be also saying is people who dont have a clue usually back out at the last moment, but I have found that true for potentially anybody. I dont do holds, I dont do meet-on-other-side-of-city but I also dont have them come around either. First cash in hand gets it; anybody can screw you around.

Ahh I suppose I see now! Everyone is considered a chump until they pay!

I find it highly unlikely anyone in my tiny little welfare town of 1k has the ability to strap a HE551 to their 318 or their 12v Dodge.

I intended this deal to attract semi truck owners, guess I should specify next time.

I didn't think kids wishing upon a star would pollute my post with their delusional tire kicker mentality.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Anyone interested in a couple HE451's or a HE551?

Tons of guys run those size turbos on 12v cummins also. Its pretty much the standard size for compound charging on those motors. No offense but, Im starting to get the feeling these people inquiring know more about the turbo, and its applications, than you do.

Tons of guys run those size turbos on 12v cummins also. Its pretty much the standard size for compound charging on those motors. No offense but, Im starting to get the feeling these people inquiring know more about the turbo, and its applications, than you do.

Actually, I AM looking for more info on these turbos. I've been looking up he451 all day and can't find much.

I've known alot of setups running he351 but having trouble finding 451 or 551.

I'll keep looking but if you have any links feel free to educate if you have them handy.

Thanks for stopping by!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back