The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

30something Men's Style/Fashion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NosLaser

DSM Wiseman
Apr 22, 2002
Cape Coral, Florida
What's up you freaks? If you are experiencing what I am, you are now into your 30's, and have come to realize that you are stuck in an odd place style-wise between dressing like a kid, and dressing like an old man. You don't want to wear old man polos, and if you are in your 30's, you should hit yourself in the dick with a hammer if you wear an Ed Hardy shirt with a bedazzled dragon on it.

I'm basically looking for some ideas on what some of you guys rock out, in the arena of casual enough to perhaps not look like an ahole running to the store, but nice enough to maybe go out to dinner in. My futile google searching seems to reveal either skinny jean wearing hipsters, or dudes who apparently live in the article circle. One, I absolutely can't wear any 'hipster' type clothing because of my body type. I'm not a "big" guy by any means (5-10", upper 180's) but I have more of a bodybuilder-esque build, and my trip to Saks 5th Ave to find a shirt yesterday had me leaving with an XL...a size I shouldn't even have to consider, and it's still tight. And two, I live in Florida. It's still 82+ degrees outside. I can't go out my front door wearing a full length peacoat and scarf just so I can fit in with the google image results of 30something men's fashion.

I'm a t shirt and jeans guy for the most part, but I'd like to amp up a level of sophistication to my overall style, but keep it to something I can still wear with a real nice pair of jeans on the occasions I go out on weekends.

The ladies of the forum are free to, and actually encouraged to respond with what you think as well. Thanks!

This is hard, as it is kinda like a weird inbetween... but truthfully, you should wear what you want too, not let a number dictate what you like.

That being said, I personally hate skinny jeans and anyone... so that's a no; no matter what.

Always been a fan of layers; like this:
http://www.stylespectro.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/casual-fashion-men-2013-2.jpg

It's causal enough, and not flashy, and looks like something that can span pretty much all ages.

Buckle.

Jeans to slacks and sweaters.

Avoid the Affliction section to solve your bedazzling issue, but do consider slapping yourself in the crotch with some heavy object, no matter what.

Jeans and a nice t-shirt or button down polo in the summer, and jeans and a nice long sleeved shirt or long sleeved polo in the winter. I wear what's comfortable for me. I was just to NYC this past weekend for a day trip and the way some of the dudes dress made me want to hurl. There's definitely a divide coming from where I live where people dress in what makes them comfortable to the big city where everything is very conformist.

This is hard, as it is kinda like a weird inbetween... but truthfully, you should wear what you want too, not let a number dictate what you like.

That being said, I personally hate skinny jeans and anyone... so that's a no; no matter what.

Always been a fan of layers; like this:
http://www.stylespectro.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/casual-fashion-men-2013-2.jpg

It's causal enough, and not flashy, and looks like something that can span pretty much all ages.

I wouldn't have an issue with layers, and quite frankly my issues would be solved if long sleeve shirts were an option for more than 3 days out of the year here in south FL.

Buckle.

Jeans to slacks and sweaters.

Avoid the Affliction section to solve your bedazzling issue, but do consider slapping yourself in the crotch with some heavy object, no matter what.

I've had some success at Buckle before; closest one is about 40 mins away but I oughta get my lazy ass over there to look again.

Jeans and a nice t-shirt or button down polo in the summer, and jeans and a nice long sleeved shirt or long sleeved polo in the winter. I wear what's comfortable for me. I was just to NYC this past weekend for a day trip and the way some of the dudes dress made me want to hurl. There's definitely a divide coming from where I live where people dress in what makes them comfortable to the big city where everything is very conformist.

Yeah, definitely trying to avoid the hipster douche look which seems to be dominating men's clothing these days. I just wish our winters were longer...so many more options.

I've had some success at Buckle before; closest one is about 40 mins away but I oughta get my lazy ass over there to look again.
They totally have a website, and junk :hmm: :p

They totally have a website, and junk :hmm: :p

Touché, however with my odd clothing fitment, I always have to try shit on. Everything looks great pinned into place on their 12.5" bicep having 135 pound 'models' of the ideal man.

Touché, however with my odd clothing fitment, I always have to try shit on. Everything looks great pinned into place on their 12.5" bicep having 135 pound 'models' of the ideal man.

Try finding a '52 Tall' jacket and sub 50" pants. I like a loose fit.. but come on. LOL

Or something with a 19.5" neck.. or a 'Tall' tie that will also accommodate said neck.

Having a >12" suit drop is a b*tch. Fortunately I got tipped off to a tailor that often works with Bulls/Bears players. My poor wallet however :sosad:

Either it's cheap crap that doesn't fit and looks awkward.. or expensive crap that still has to be fitted.

/Sorry this is less than helpful haha

Try finding a '52 Tall' jacket and sub 50" pants. I like a loose fit.. but come on. LOL

Or something with a 19.5" neck.. or a 'Tall' tie that will also accommodate said neck.

Having a >12" suit drop is a b*tch. Fortunately I got tipped off to a tailor that often works with Bulls/Bears players. My poor wallet however :sosad:

I kinda figured you'd have similar problems buying clothes. Ditto Lando :D

Buckle has 34 and 36" lengths in pants, and free tailoring, so I'm set there.

Ties and shirts are easier at 225lb, but if I can't find tall ties, it's bowtie time.

I have 3 different styles. Work, Everyday, and Sporty.

The majority of the time I'm in work clothes. I am not required to wear a suit and tie, but I do long sleeve shirts and slacks. I like colors! Nothing too loud but just enough to be noticed. I wear a classic style slacks, which are not too skinny and not too baggy. All my long sleeve shirts are "Fitted" which contour more to your body. And I do not shop at Express, my shoulders are way too broad for their style of cuts. I wear ties sometimes and do have a mixture of funky colors to classy. Now I have recently gotten into funky dress socks. Some of you may think it's stupid, but I feel it's a sneaky way to expressing yourself in a professional environment. Check out some new ones I just bought:
Yes, Palm Trees!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

For Everyday I wear t-shirts, polos, long & short sleeve shirts with jeans and shorts. It's hard to find shirts that fit right. I hate clothes that are way to baggy and loose. With jeans and shorts it's standard relaxed fit.. not too tight and not too baggy.
:::Flashback::: thinking back now I used to like baggy jeans, they were hot as hell walking home from school.

Sneakers. Now I had to throw this in here, but I'm what you call a "sneaker head". I have a crap of sneakers, not as much as others but enough for anyone to notice. With everyday wear I have a pair of kicks that can go with almost any outfit. And yes, some sneakers are classy and/or flashy enough to pull off. Example: Just recently at a company dinner/award ceremony I wore a fitted black suit with a pair of Air Force 1 Lows. I was the only person in the building with sneakers, everyone loved it.

Sporty is self explanatory. Gym clothes. Basketball shorts. blah blah. Now that I think about it, this falls into the everyday category.

Fortunately I'm poor, so I just keep wearing the same clothes I've had for years and really don't go anywhere besides work and the gym. Wait, I did buy some jeans at Target a few weeks ago..... I got them in my normal size and didn't try them on, and I think they were regular fit. However, I had to return them because they ended up being super tight, low cut (good for airing out your pubes I guess), and squished my package. I'm not sure how guys wear those things, but I usually see them on guys that have a physique like a woman, so I guess that explains it. I've looked at some T-shirts to replace the fading/worn ones I have now, but it's hard finding any without skulls, splatters, glittery/shiny stuff all over them.

This is why you pay more and buy nice things.

You didn't slap a Chinabay Greddy rep BOV on your car, now did you? :p

Nice pairs of jeans and a plain v-neck shirt, with either nice boots (red wings or eccos) or sneakers (shox or diesels). This is what I wear on a daily basis. I buy everything on express men. When its cold I wear the same but throw a 1/4 zip pull-over on, whether its an athletic type or a sweater 1/4 zip. I have a few other button up long sleeve shits as well I wear on rare occasions. I am slowly teetering toward that 30 number.

Theses are the t's I wear. Cheap and effective.
STRETCH COTTON V-NECK TEE | Express

Nice pairs of jeans and a plain v-neck shirt, with either nice boots (red wings or eccos) or sneakers (shox or diesels). This is what I wear on a daily basis. I buy everything on express men. When its cold I wear the same but throw a 1/4 zip pull-over on, whether its an athletic type or a sweater 1/4 zip. I have a few other button up long sleeve shits as well I wear on rare occasions. I am slowly teetering toward that 30 number.

Theses are the t's I wear. Cheap and effective.
STRETCH COTTON V-NECK TEE | Express

Perhaps online has a better selection, because although I like their jeans, the shirts I find always have some silly ambiguous word or saying on them like "valor" or "seek the truth" or "stuff me in the locker room" or something equally ridiculous.

I'm only 24 haha, but if my damn DSM didn't take all my money, I would be rocking some of this:

The Dapper Gentleman

Hell no. If I ever caught myself wearing that kinda shit, I'd also smash my dick with a claw hammer. That stuff just screams pretentious hipster, and I can't get my hands dirty.

I also stay the #### away from that Ed Hardy shit.

I'm going to find myself in a tough spot here soon. I'm roughly 6mo from finishing my PhD in engineering, and I'm not giving up the moto lyfestyle. I guess I'm sort of fortunate, all the guys in the moto world are my ageish, and the style is maturing, so it works.

But then again here I am in the library looking for research papers listening to Whitesnake, wearing a #mulletlyfe shirt. So I'm kind of a hillbilly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back