The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

303 Fabric Guard

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widgmaster

Supporting VIP
Aug 24, 2018
Sarnia, ON_Canada
I am a retired Upholsterer of 45 years . I thought I would mention a product called 303 Fabric Guard . I swear by this stuff . If you have a top that is worth saving ( no rips ) this is the stuff to get to re-seal your top like new. After treatment you can watch the water bead up and roll off . You can buy 303 Fabric Guard at Walmart . All you need is the 32oz spray bottle.
Wash the top as best you can and then let dry . Never mind the instructions on the bottle . Pour the 303 into a plastic container that is wide enough to get a 3" paint brush into.
Apply the Fabric Guard to the complete top ( make sure to lower the top a bit to get that lower edge where it meets the body. The top will get a bit darker when applying but will return to original color when dry.
This is some thing any one can do...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When I had a boat I used 303 Aerospace Protectant on the gel coat and it would luster so nice. Good stuff for plastic, vinyl and fiberglass so I bet that fabric stuff is the bee's knee's. :thumb:

Good information, I was looking at what to use this year on the top, I used the Chemical Guys stuff last year and it seems better than nothing but it doesn't seem to bead up much, after putting a new/used top assembly on last year to replace the completely falling apart destroyed stock one, I dont want to have to do that again, the sun seems to be the big culprit when it comes to wear and leakage and also the back glass falling out. My next question is can we use fabric dye such as Rit black to darken up the top where it meets the body below the glass where I have gotten wax on the cloth and turned it white? would that work? I dont think it should hurt it at all?

To answer your question @motomattx.. " use Rit black to darken up the top " NO NO NO ....If you read the instructions on the Rit dye you will understand why I say NO....
Here is what you need to do...
#1 .. wash / soft scrub your top with a good top cleaner .
#2 .. rinse and let dry
#3 .. https://www.amazon.com/Protex-World...rds=convertible+top+dye&qid=1587727363&sr=8-1

Just follow the instructions on the bottle and all will turn out great ....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back