The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

300whp goal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shamrokk

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
I am trying to plan out my engine build and would like some more opinions and ideas. I have a 95 gst with a 91 6bolt swap. Current mods are a fmic, bov, 3in catback exhaust, ported 14b turbo, and a dnp turbo manifold. Future plans are dsm link, a 2.5 or 3in downpipe, redoing my ic plumbing, and a ss fuel feed line. Does anyone know about where this would put me and what else I'd need to meet my 300whp goal?

Ok, I do have access to 93oct and thats what I run now. The 14b has been ported so maybe that will help a bit. And I may upgrade later on. 2 questions. 1. What modification is needed to run e85. 2. Would you suggest a 3 inch or 2.5 inch downpipe?
As others have already pointed out, you'll need more fuel - a set of 650cc injectors will work fine for 93 octane on a 14b or 16g for that power level. You'll probably be shooting for 20-22 lbs of boost to hit your goal. If you go E85 you might want to go a little bigger on the injectors as you can run a little more boost. And a 255lph Walbro would be necessary for E85 - you could just go Evo 9 pump if you stick with 93. Do the re-wire either way.

The 2.5" downpipe would be fine for your goals. A couple shops had run tests in the past and didn't see the need for a 3" until up in the high 400hp/low 500hp range if I remember correctly. Most people just go with the 3" to have a full 3" exhaust. And if you think there's any chance of wanting to increase your power goals later, might as well get the 3" since they're priced similarly.

You'll need a good FMIC too. You might be able to hit 300hp on a side mount, but that thing will heatsoak pretty quickly and you won't be able to sustain those power levels for more than one pull.

Most of this is touched on in our soon-to-be relaunched Upgrade Paths section in the Tech area. Even the existing guide has most of this info listed. I'm hoping to get the reworked/updated guide posted soon.

my ? is if hes a gst he doesnt have to make as much power as a gsx, and does anyone know how much more efficient the fwd is in trims of drive train loss? i would guess about 10%, in a 3/s a fwd is about 15% loss and a awd is about 25%, so at 300whp that would be a difference of 30 crank hp.

Thats a hefty parasitic loss your talking about there. 20% is a ton of lost power. But doesnt our platform run AWD but FWD bias? He is looking for 300hp, but he never mentioned if that BHP or WHP. My guess is WHP, and thus BHP means little to him. Set your goals and go after them. If you build it for twice the power you intend to make, you will likely have something very reliable and still make good power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a hefty parasitic loss your talking about there. 20% is a ton of lost power. But doesnt our platform run AWD but FWD bias? He is looking for 300hp, but he never mentioned if that BHP or WHP. My guess is WHP, and thus BHP means little to him. Set your goals and go after them. If you build it for twice the power you intend to make, you will likely have something very reliable and still make good power.

Look at the thread title :heystupid:

It is about WHP......

I am making 300whp with fwd in a auto, big 16g at 19psi, with walbro 255 stock fpr, 650cc injectors and a safc.It's not that complicated...

No benchracing is allowed.

That being said, sell your DNP Manifold, get a stock 2g manifold and buy DSMLink and a Downpipe.

Hes not "benchracing", hes asking for advice to get where he wants to be. With that being said, you try calling him out as goin against forum rules BUT then help answer his question, so according to your assumption, now ## just as guilty.

650's and big 16g minimum to be safe. 3" turbo back (preferrably), FMIC, SAFC will work using 650's (at least it did for me) but anything more than that will need ECM or DSMLINK. CAN be done with less but will be more difficult and potentially unsafe. Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back