The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

3000gt vr4 Calipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carney714

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Santa Ana, California
I have 2g dsm. Someone has a pair of vr4 1g brake calipers and rear for sale in my local area.

I have JDM knuckles, that should work correct? for direct bolt on?

and any difference from other vr4 calipers? and which brake line would i need?

No idea about the fronts with jdm knuckles, but the rears require cutting and spacers to make fit. Evo wheels or wheels that clear the evos brembo setup along with custom brake lines.

The bolt spacing of the calipers match the mounting ears of the knuckle but there may be issues with lining the centreline of the rotor to the centreline of the caliper. The only way to know for sure is to try it. We at RTM decided not to pursue the R&D on this since we regarded it as too small a market.

hmm, sounds to much of a hassle, i have evo brembos for rears when i do switch to bigger brakes. and since i do have jdm knuckles i might get a evo 8 BBK upgrade

Thanks for all the info guys. ill pass on those brakes than.

The bolt spacing of the calipers match the mounting ears of the knuckle but there may be issues with lining the centreline of the rotor to the centreline of the caliper. The only way to know for sure is to try it. We at RTM decided not to pursue the R&D on this since we regarded it as too small a market.

Specifically (regarding the lack of a market for this) because at that point Brembo's bolt right up to a JDM knuckle, but the RTM VR4 caliper upgrade on the USDM knuckle is super nice (well worth the R&D :sneaky:).

All in all like Paul said its a possibility but the alignment with the rotor could be an issue.

JDM VR4 knukcles bolt up to evo brembo with zero issues. Also, with the evo brakes if you're looking for a wheel to fit you have the option of the RX7 FD wheels in 16's. With the 3kgt brakes, they wont fit. i learned the hard way. you MUST use evo wheel specs for the 3kgt and they barely fit. i had my 3k setup on my 1g, and swapped to my 2g, with evo8s and 9 BBS and it was a super tight fit on both. dont make the mistake i did, my 3k brakes are just laying around now, i have no desire to use them again because wheel fitment is a pain. honestly the dual piston gsx brakes give me the same feel in hard braking applications and dont destroy wheel bearings every 3 months like the fixed setup of a 3k.

I have a 3kvr4 fronts, RTM adapters and two piece Baer rotors. 3K calipers are around 5 pounds lighter than brembos and fit inside my 17 kosei.
Original RTM adapters were extremely heavy so I used then as a template for an aluminum ones which are a third of the weight. Will see how well they hold with some street driving as soon as I finish to put my car back together but I can tell you that they feel way much better than my original two pot calipers and AEM bbk.

what offset were your 17' kosei's?
I have a 3kvr4 fronts, RTM adapters and two piece Baer rotors. 3K calipers are around 5 pounds lighter than brembos and fit inside my 17 kosei.
Original RTM adapters were extremely heavy so I used then as a template for an aluminum ones which are a third of the weight. Will see how well they hold with some street driving as soon as I finish to put my car back together but I can tell you that they feel way much better than my original two pot calipers and AEM bbk.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back