The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

3000 Gt VR4 6g72tt into 1997 Avenger

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyd_Wykkyd

Probationary Member
Jan 9, 2015
indianapolis, Indiana
Surfing the web and asking in a number of forums I've found the answer to my question of getting more power and horses for my project car. A 6g72 twin turbo engine being swapped in being as the engine is the same the difference being the twin turbo and the 6g72 being bored for 3.0. I've procured said engine from a 1997 Dodge Stealth. My next question on the matter is the transmission and tuning. What do I do so I don't blow my tranny? Also is a tuning necessary?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 123
my buddy paulino had an avenger v6 and turbo'd it. i think he kept the stock trans in there. i'll ask him more about it now for ya...

Pauli says:

"Hydro locked stock motor driven through puddle going to HIN in A.C. Swapped in 3.0 eclipse motor and single t3/t4 hybrid turbo. Tuned with Greddy E-manage"

so it wasn't the stealth/3kgt motor :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back