The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 3 warning lights and stall

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeedTalonNow

Proven Member
Dec 13, 2012
Madison, New_Hampshire
Today my gst stalled in front of my driveway. Lost steering and then look down and see three warning lights illuminated. Brake warning light, oil pressure warning light and charging system warning light. Shut off ignition. Restart car and no more lights. Drive into my driveway. Lately im having idle issues. Some surges at idle and idle kinda low at around 500-600. Today it was closer to 500. Ac was on. My mechanic and i were planning a new idle control valve and knock sensor. He checked all ignition and was fine. Said idle control was very dirty. Could these warning lights be related to low idle and surges? The car had a tough time getting going while out and about without having to use boost today.

You don't have your profile info filed out. We have no idea what your setup is to even start imagine one. I would suggest taking a picture of your engine bay & posting it. Then a picture of these lights on the dash you are seeing. Giving us details about the car. I am assuming auto GST? POST A PICTURE. Worth a 1000 words.

On most cars if the key is turned but the engine isn’t one those lights come on

Charging because the alternators not spinning, oil pressure because your oil pump isn’t working. Brake I have no idea, I daily a civic and when I turn the key to crank the engine the brake light comes on. I don’t know why but it doesn’t cause any issues.

Idling low? How’s your BISS screw set? Isc position at 30? If you don’t have ECMLINK I’m not sure how you can view iscpos but the vfaq has instruction for setting the base idle set screw.

You can also test your ISC prior to replacing, all the coils should read approx. 40ohms, Jafro has a very simple video on it if you’d like me to link it. I don’t have it on hand

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back