The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

3 inch lower springs with 1 1/2 risers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbus

Proven Member
Apr 3, 2014
South Haven, Michigan
kind of a goofy, question has anyone tried 3" lowering springs with 1" to 1.5" riser?
i wanna keep my spring rate but i am also tired of dragging my nuts across the ground. i just bought the 3" drop springs and struts about 6 months ago and i really don't want to buy a new set of springs. any potential problems to think of if i do this to my 2g?

Never heard of anyone using "risers", so I'm not sure what you're really talking about, but I wouldn't want to do that. Doesn't sound like a good idea. :idontknow: I would rather do it right with the correct spring and be done with it.

Never heard of anyone using "risers", so I'm not sure what you're really talking about, but I wouldn't want to do that. Doesn't sound like a good idea. :idontknow: I would rather do it right with the correct spring and be done with it.

:hellyeah:

Fork up the money for the Eibach pro kit, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the shocks blown. Whatever risers are, they don't sound like a good idea. I'm guessing they would just space out the spring from the top mount an inch and a half?

basically yes, ive seen a couple subaru guys doing this (its a subaru thing, ill never understand), just wanted to see if anyone had thought about it.

mr gasket makes a set i was told about. i haven't really looked that far into it and i guess i just wanted some input before i really made a decision.

mr gasket makes a set i was told about. i haven't really looked that far into it and i guess i just wanted some input before i really made a decision.

I've used them before and didn't have any problems with them. I had Tanabe GF210's that made the car too low, so I put these on and raised it up a bit.

the mr gasket ones?
Yeah, but you can get basically the same thing at Autozone, Advance, Oreilly's, etc. for $5.99/each as opposed to the Mr. Gasket ones which are closer to $20 each. The ones at Advance are Autocraft brand. At Autozone and Oreilly's the brand is "Specialty Auto" or something, and I found them in the towing accessories section.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back