The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

3 inch exhaust question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonCgst

Probationary Member
Apr 3, 2007
Corpus Christi, Texas
I recently purchased a Tanabe G medallion full cat back and downpipe, my question is do I have to drop the rear crossmember in order to get the exhaust to go where the old exhaust went? Will I have to notch or cut anything? I searched the forum for an answer and could not find one so sorry mods if there is a section about this but I found nothing in the search. Any info will be appretiated Thanks!

Sorry I almost forgot its a 95 Gst
Johnny

yeah but it doesnt seem like it will slide though the top half in the back of the car where the stock one went so am I suppose to drop the crossmember on that side in order to put it in the same place as the stock one or is it suppose to hang on the bottom but then I would think it could get damaged that way:confused:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

^ Apexi N1 3" catback. The only time i've had a problem was on steep driveways. No, you don't have to drop the rear crossmember. Most of the non-turbo cat-backs, i've seen, route over the crossmember.

Not to rob the thread but hey clay how does that n1 sound?? I have a 2 1/2 inch Im going to go to 3 inch but not sure on what muffler, Im just going to get it piped downpipe straight back. I want a deep mean sound, any suggestions? thanks

Thanks for the info Clay yalls input is appretiated :thumb: So then I just install it without routing it the same way the factory one was right? Just go underneath and watch out for speed bumps and what not?

talontsi3 the N1 sound nice. I have the same exhaust with a 3" downpipe and it have a nice deep mean sound to it.

Ok very cool thanks guys. I was looking at your pics clay it looks nice as well, is there anyway you could get one straight on looking at the bumper, sorry not trying to be a pita. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back