The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

3 inch DP on 3 inch catback with 2.5'' flange

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctnsupra1

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2002
Maryland
Sorry about the long title.....Here's my situation, I have a Thermal 3 inch catback that bolts onto my stock cat. I'm getting a downpipe for Christmas and I'm trying to figure out which way to go. I'm looking at a 3 inch downpipe that replaces the cat but will it fit onto the Thermal? Would I need to have a exhaust shop to cut off and weld on a 3 inch flange so it would fit? Thanks for the input.

Conor
'95 GSX

yup you are correct.. i know the thermal catback for turbo dsms were meant to bolt on to the stock dp/cat.. which is not 3".. if you get a 3" dp/testpipe/cat.. then yes. you have to go to an exhaust shop and have them cut the part that necks down and weld a flange to bolt up to the 3" dp/cat

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back