The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

3-inch cat back on stock 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsegst3131

Banned Member
Jun 5, 2004
Manchester, New_Hampshire
How big of a cat back system can I put on my stock 2g GST...I want to do a 3-inch but fear it won't fit the stock Cat. So basically I ask, how big can I go before I have to replace other things with bigger parts.

Another question...If I got a turbo back exhaust how big could I go with that before I have to replace parts. I want a 3-inch really bad, but if I have to go with a 2 1/2 - inch than oh well, I just don't want to have to buy more parts for me to get this...

Thank you for any of your help.

:dsm: :talon: :laser:

If you get a 3inch cat-back, most of them come with a 2.5 inch flange to fit your stock cat. If you want to ever upgrade to a 3inch cat, get the shop doing the work to cut off the 2.5inch flange and weld on a 3inch (this is what most people do if they don't go turbo-back from th e beginning). I have a Thermal 3inch cat-back but my cat, and downpipe are still stock. When I upgrade, I will have to get them to cut that 2.5inch flange off.

If you go 3inch turbo-back from the start, only things you will replace is the stock turbo-back exhaust. The downpipe will mate up to your stock 02 housing. No problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back